Things that annoy you...

Tools    

People in quizzes/gameshows when asked a question say 'That happened before I was born'.
Why is it that these people think that they can only know things that have happened in their lifetimes?
If only there was some way of recording past events for future generations. Oh...wait....

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I was annoyed today when someone tried talking to me about the new series of Dexter, even though I explained we are recording the first few episodes and then going to spend an eveing watching them. But they were trying to tell me info and I had to say, I really dont want to know anything! Then the person said 'oh your just like my partner!' Mah Gawd

I was annoyed today when someone tried talking to me about the new series of Dexter, even though I explained we are recording the first few episodes and then going to spend an eveing watching them. But they were trying to tell me info and I had to say, I really dont want to know anything! Then the person said 'oh your just like my partner!' Mah Gawd
That person resembles someone who enjoys being difficult. They try and tell you things and when you protest in not wanting to hear it, they say:

I'm just trying to make conversation/help you! Geez.

Their motive is to try and make you feel guilty, its all about manipulation. I've had people try and help me throughout my life. Unwanted help, they still took the funnies that I told them no. I've had to cut many difficult people from my life because of what they do.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Companies taking your money, then directing you to their outsourced 3rd-party partner if there's any problems.....

I just wrote out a whole thing about hating PR situations and the JK Rowling book 'leak' and how it's now gotten so bad that I instantly start to suspect any number of stories which may, actually, be exactly as reported.

Sadly, I then went and deleted it by mistake.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
That person resembles someone who enjoys being difficult. They try and tell you things and when you protest in not wanting to hear it, they say:

I'm just trying to make conversation/help you! Geez.

Their motive is to try and make you feel guilty, its all about manipulation. I've had people try and help me throughout my life. Unwanted help, they still took the funnies that I told them no. I've had to cut many difficult people from my life because of what they do.

Same here, some people are just put on this earth to be annoying. I have stopped bothering with quite a few.

My Neighbor annoys me, she is constantly hoovering? I mean at least 5 times a day. As we live in a cottage a joining hers we can hear the hoover. Then when we put our hoover on, she will hoover again I mean how messy can she be

Isn't it best to focus on the things that make you HAPPY instead of those that ANNOY you? You'll all be happier and those positive vibes you feel hopefully should spread outwards to your family and friends.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Sexy posting like 10 times for every page in the 90's countdown. Thread is literally 30 pages longer than it needs to be at this point.

Isn't it best to focus on the things that make you HAPPY instead of those that ANNOY you? You'll all be happier and those positive vibes you feel hopefully should spread outwards to your family and friends.
Yes, but I'm in a dark place atm and I'm set to negative.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Fistbumps. "Bro" used as a prefix. The phrase "no homo".
The first two annoy me immensely. I've never heard anyone use the second phrase and I hope I never do.

Things that annoyed me today. People smacking when they eat and grown men being mean to children. I can't stand people who are mean to kids and I'm pretty vocal about it.

I'm getting really annoyed lately about people who judge movies on things that are actually irrelevant to how good a movie is.

For example, "overrated" has become a criticism of a movie when what other people "rate" a movie is completely out of it's control. Personally, I have no interest in what other people rated a movie when I rate it.

Similar is "hype" - I often see "over-hyped" used as a criticism. I guess that can be annoying but it has zero impact on whether a movie is good or bad.

Last is when people say that a movie is "nothing like the book" or similar. Just not sure why it matters. I understand if someone loves a book they may "want" it to be like the book but if it's not it isn't automatically bad. In fact, I would sometimes prefer the movie to be different - if I've read a book I already know what happens. The Road was a relatively good re-production of the book which to me actually made it a bit boring - there were no surprises, nothing new to catch the attention and make me think.

But mostly it's just the overrated thing - I'm really beginning to hate that word

^Everything you just said can be summed up as expectation vs. outcome.

If a movie gets a lot of hype/high ratings and you go into it expecting something great and get only something mediocre, that to me is a valid criticism. Likewise, if you're a fan of a book and go see the movie as part of your fandom, you're going to have certain expectations. If they aren't met, to me that's also a valid criticism.

I think a lot of this depends on how old you are. If you're 25 and you still expect a great film just because it's been hyped in the mainstream media and gotten high ratings from people who are more likely trying to get their comment(s) on the poster, then you've only got yourself to blame.

I think a lot of this depends on how old you are. If you're 25 and you still expect a great film just because it's been hyped in the mainstream media and gotten high ratings from people who are more likely trying to get their comment(s) on the poster, then you've only got yourself to blame.
On the other hand, if the "hype" you're getting is from other movie fans - like the people here - and the film doesn't meet your expectations, it's a valid criticism. I can name quite a few films I've watched because of how much they've been talked up by MoFos, only to end up hating them.

Sexy posting like 10 times for every page in the 90's countdown. Thread is literally 30 pages longer than it needs to be at this point.
I came to this thread specifically to see if I was mentioned and this was the first post I saw.

On the other hand, if the "hype" you're getting is from other movie fans - like the people here - and the film doesn't meet your expectations, it's a valid criticism. I can name quite a few films I've watched because of how much they've been talked up by MoFos, only to end up hating them.
I can understand that, but only if you say it's over-hyped on the site. I'd also try to differentiate between over-hyped and overrated.