favorite movie soundtracks: whats yours?

Tools    

Jaws, Star Wars, Raiders of the Lost Ark - John Williams
The Magnificent Seven - Elmer Bernstein
LOTR - Howard Shore and song by Annie Lennox

Johnny Greenwood's work in both There Will Be Blood and The Master is exceptional.

And Angelo Badalamenti is fantastic in all his work for David Lynch.

His work is perfect for Lynch because he seems to be capable of creating music that is both beautiful and haunting.

His best work is in Twin Peaks which I might as well post in here.

John Carney's Once hace a some really neat original songs.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Twin Peaks had such beautiful music I truly agree as do alot of Lynch films. Umm the films with the best soundtracks I would have to say are:
Star Wars OG trilogy
Jurassic Park
Raiders of The Lost Ark
Once Upon a Time In America
Goodfellas
A Bronx Tale
The Godfather

Can't believe nobody has mentioned Seven Year In Tibet... John Williams at his best.

I liked the music in Abrams' Star Trek too.

Jurassic Park and LOTR though are awesome.

Best utilised soundtrack I'd say is John Carpenter's The Thing.

Can't believe nobody has mentioned Seven Year In Tibet... John Williams at his best.

I liked the music in Abrams' Star Trek too.

Jurassic Park and LOTR though are awesome.

Best utilised soundtrack I'd say is John Carpenter's The Thing.
I agree that The Thing is great, no idea how Morricone got a razzie nomination for that.

I love the Inception and Django Unchained soundtracks. They just take you places.

Hancock has an underrated soundtrack to me, because the movie wasn't that good.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

I agree that The Thing is great, no idea how Morricone got a razzie nomination for that.

It got a razzie???? How dare they! The Thing is one of my favourite movies, and the score is perfect for it. First they shoot down Carpenter for the movie, then they attack Morricone for the score? Unbelievable.

I have always been a big fan of the soundtracks of the Disney movies, especially the soundtrack of ‘The Lion King’. The music in my all-time favourite Disney movie really gives an extra dimension to the film, next to this, the soundtrack is also really suitable to put in your cd-player because it’s also good music apart from the movie. Therefor it’s the only soundtrack I ever bought on cd.

Marie Antoinette

It is said that movie industry uses motives of Inception soundtrack since it has been released for dramatic & suspense effects. But Hans Zimmer's 2001 Pearl Harbor soundtrack already had string and melody motives used in 2010 Inception. And I find Steve Jablonsky's The Island (2005) soundtrack to have some similar motives too. All three main themes use ever expanding and continuing movement that doesn't resolve itself. Pearl Harbor is upliftingly dreamy, The Island is hopefully pushing forward continuously, Inception is stripped down to the core, sublime and ominous. I like all three. These are not copies of each other but I would suggest these are variations of similar themes, just like many versions of Adagios.

Pearl Harbor (2001) Soundtrack - Tennessee (Hans Zimmer)
The Island (2005) Soundtrack- My Name Is Lincoln (Steve Jablonsky)
Inception (2010) Main Theme (Hans Zimmer)

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
LOTR
Braveheart
Gladiator
Highlander
The Crow
High Fidelity
Kill Bill (both)

All of these I've seen while I scaned the posts, but what about Guardians of the galaxy. That was an awesome combination of old classics.

I'm not saying it's the best, in my opinion nothing tops LOTR, but it's good.

Also, the soundtrack from Avatar...awesome

Groove Sound Track Ifinitely Gentle Blows is amazing

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
There was a "The MoFo Top Film Soundtracks" list started a while back, but it was never completed. (I think it was put on hold because not enough people sent in their lists.)

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=41112

Maybe if enough people send in their lists, we might actually get a soundtracks countdown.

Fear and Loating in Las Vegas and Beavis and Butthead Do America

This might just do nobody any good.
Love what Nick Cave and Warren Ellis did on The Assassination of Jesse James. Favorite by far.

Thomas Newman's work on Road to Perdition and Clint Mansell's on The Fountain follow closely, though.

Ocean's Thirteen: David Holmes.
I don't know why people don't talk more about the soundtrack to this movie; especially given it's play-ability.