Community

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I think one of the problems is Pierce. I love the character, but they seem to be giving Chase nothing to do. He has reverted back to racist jokes (which aren't funny) and gay jokes (which I thought he overcame in the 3rd season finale).

Second, the humour is not a quick and smart. I chuckle here and there, but before I couldn't breathe sometimes. Finally, I think they are overdoing it with the Dean and his "gayness". The opening episode was too much for me despite him being in drag multiple times before.

The Halloween episode was the weakest Halloween episode by far. I think my favourite this season is the documentary episode about Chang/Kevin. I'll stick it out till the end though, I owe the show that much.

Suspect's Reviews

Give me all of your candy!
First paintball episode and the D&D episode are still my favorites. 6 SEASONS AND A MOVIE!

I thought the fourth episode was quite good, too. And the last one--the puppet one--was quite good, too.

It's a pretty good show that still has its moments. But it's definitely not what it was. I think it can be great again, albeit not in the same way. I wouldn't be crestfallen if it doesn't get renewed, but if it does I think there's a good chance the new showrunners will be able to use the next year to find their own way to do it that's also very good, even if it's good in a way other than the way it was before.

I'm not feeling it at all this season, characters all just seem hollow with throwaway lines that seem more like caricature-ish. Angel did the puppets, not level innovation expect from this show - taking tried approaches of other 'quirky' bits that seem just for sake of it.

#FiveSeasonsAndAMovie

Community somehow got renewed again. Can't say I'm not happy. Even if only 3-4 episodes each year are up to snuff with the Harmon days, that's still 3-4 more than we'd have had otherwise.

....no.

It's looking like it's probably a done deal at this point. Wow!

It sounds like he'll be the Executive Producer, which isn't quite as hands-on as his old position as showrunner. But still. That's pretty exciting.

Well, it's back. They aired two new episodes last night, and it definitely feels like the Community of old. Loved it. So excited.

Of course, I didn't hate the fourth season quite as much as most fans of the show to begin with, but I feel pretty confident that even those who did will think of this as a true return to form.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Ep 3. Loved it.

They nailed the David Fincher parody and the Dean snapping his finers had my dying of laughter.

I've tried to pinpoint all the references to Fincher:

Seven

The constant rain
The searching for suspects listening to classical music
The suspect dropping his grocery bag and running
The clothes
Opening credits are images/things from a book

Zodiac

The ACB leaving cryptic notes behind teases his identity
The fact they never know who it was
The information card at the end
The scene with Duncan mirror scene with movie theatre guy in basement

Girl With Dragon Tattoo
Picture of Lisbeth near students locker

Social Network

Creep by radiohead being sung by kids "choir" at beginning, mirrors teaser trailer for film.

The overall cinematography is classic Fincher.

Well, that's that: they've finally cancelled Community:

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-wat...cels-community

Wouldn't shock me if they did a Veronica Mars-style Kickstarter (five seasons and a movie?). It's pretty much a perfect candidate for that sort of thing. But even if we do get a little more: sadface.

I am the Watcher in the Night
I really liked this show, for 3 seasons it was probably the best American comedy on TV but it's demise seemed to be written on the wall.

I'm not as disappointed as I thought I would be, the show got 2 more seasons than I expected and the last couple seasons were a bit off and inconsistent.

Having said that, there are a few story threads that were left hanging:

1. The whole thing with that other community college was never resolved
2. What happened in the darkest timeline? Was season 5 it?

I reckon Harmon and co should really push for some sort of a feature length episode.

"I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle"