Books that you would like to see made into a film?

Tools    

The Martian Chronicles, by Ray Bradbury. It might have already been done, IDK.

Chappie doesn't like the real world

Would love to see this made into a movie and have Guy Pearce cast as Ward Littell. Could be every bit as good as L.A Confidential in the right hands.

I really liked Stephenie Meyer's The Host, it was a really interesting book and I'd like to see how it would be as a movie.

how would one picture the growing, learning, sharing, making mistakes, loving of Damian (Hermann Hesse). I would so much like to see it. could anyone get around that now? :)

I would like to see 1984 made into a new film. The concept of obliteration has never been conveyed better to me personaly, than in that story.

Rot and Ruin by Jonathan Maberry. While this is categorized as "young adult" (and does feature young characters as leads), it also has adults who move the story, and best of all, features zombies and deaths galore. It is the first in a trilogy (so far) and would make a great flick.

I am the Watcher in the Night
I think the whole Remnants saga would make for great movies, written by K.A. Applegate and although it is classed as "young adult fiction" it deals with adult issues, the apocalypse, travel to a distant world, possibly dangerous AI and the idea of what is reality, life and love.

I'd love to see a big budget version of Moby Dick, one of the most iconic novels of the English language with simply stunning and iconic moments.

I also think Brave New World would work great as a movie, especially in this world of "dark" movies. A beautifully written and often haunting sci fi.

The pilo family circus - though i think it’d either be a great movie or terrible, i cant imagine how they would translate some of the scenes onto film, it would sure be entertaining though

I really liked Stephenie Meyer's The Host, it was a really interesting book and I'd like to see how it would be as a movie.
Well thats just come out as a movie

Years ago Chinua Achebe's Things Fall Apart was adapted to a film for Nigerian TV.

The iconic story of Okonkwo, his village and their initial encounters with colonialism is deserving of a full, large budget film treatment and international marketing to help bring this tale to as wide an audience as possible.

Had a scan over the thread and couldn't see it mentioned.

Jurassic Park.

Sounds contradictive but the original film is only loosely based. I'd love to see an actual version of the book turned to film.

Another. Dean Koontz books Winter Moon and Watchers.

Excellent books.

Had a scan over the thread and couldn't see it mentioned.

Jurassic Park.

Sounds contradictive but the original film is only loosely based. I'd love to see an actual version of the book turned to film.

Another. Dean Koontz books Winter Moon and Watchers.

Excellent books.
Dean koontz’s watchers is a film, about 20 years old, i assure you.

Oh man... just looked that up.

Corey Haim too.

Seems it's hard to get a copy though, current existing copies go for £50+ due to unavailability.

The antony kiedis's autobiography :scar tissue... Great story and the sountrack Will be a Oscar!

Oh man... just looked that up.

Corey Haim too.

Seems it's hard to get a copy though, current existing copies go for £50+ due to unavailability.
Thats it, i couldnt remember corey haims last name lol i had it on vhs, it was not special.

I am the Watcher in the Night
Thats it, i couldnt remember corey haims last name lol i had it on vhs, it was not special.
Corey Haims? No wonder that movie wasn't special

Another book I'd love to see is "AK" by Peter Dickinson. I remember reading it in secondary school and have only read it once since but it was extremely powerful and moving. The story of a little boy soldier in a war ravaged African nation, this could work perfectly, if done right. There is a strong message here but you aren't made to suffocate under all the self righteousness that a novel of this kind often brings.

In other rooms, Other wonders, is a great Asian novel by Pakistani writer Daniyal Mueenuddin. There are a number of interconnected stories told through the viewpoint of a number of different characters. I can see it being built like Crash or possibly Babel, but only better. Both those other movies collapsed under the weight of their own moral values but this, much like AK, never tries to force feed whats right, instead it gives you a picture and you decide what you want to see.

"My name is Psycho but you can call me Stuart."
Pierre Ouellette's Deus Machine, Elie Wiesel's Night, Neal Stephenson's Snow Crash (I have heard rumours that a movie may well be coming), and Erin Morgenstern's The Night Circus are a few books off the top of my head that I would like to see adapted into film, however, for pure and utter indulgence, particularly in regards to my love of steampunk, I would love to see Scott Westerfeld's Leviathan--the complete trilogy; Leviathan, Behemoth, Goliath--make it to the big screen.