First R rated movie you ever saw?

Tools    

I can't remember Exorcist 2 or 3, but I know I saw them.
Not a big fan of 2, but 3 was treated as it's own seperate thing (they used the Exorcist name for marketing but it's really based on Blatty's Legion novel). I personally love it. It feels very much like a spiritual companion piece to The Ninth Configuration and even has mutual cast-members from that film. It's not as graphic as the original but it's psychologically tense and rich in brooding atmosphere. Blatty is really good at incorporating existential themes through dialogue in his films and getting good performances out of his actors. Brad Dourif arguably gives his best performance since One Flew Over the Cuckoo‘s Nest.

but yeah, I recommend you give it another go if you forgot about it.

No one said it was a vivid memory, but people remember different things from different ages which is why I started a thread about it. Some people can remember really random things when they're very young. Other people forget their earliest memories much more easily.
Okay you just kind of proved me right..

In that thread you say your earliest memory was when you was around 3 (so you might have been 2 and a half or just turned 4 right?) but for the purposes of debating me the around part was left out

And we forget more than we remember at such a young age... so that watermelon you ate when you was around 3... would you say it was the first watermelon you ever ate ?

haha. Yeah, the way Tim Curry talks to Georgie in that scene seriously creeped me out as a kid.

"You are Georgie"

Tim Curry is amazing in that film. All of the other performances are garbage though.
Oh, I don't know – I liked John Ritter and Annette O'Toole a lot.

Okay you just kind of proved me right..
I certainly didn't.

Originally Posted by FromBeyond
In that thread you say your earliest memory was when you was around 3 (so you might have been 2 and a half or just turned 4 right?) but for the purposes of debating me the around part was left out
I definitely wasn't 4, I didn't live there anymore by that age. I don't see how "around" really even makes that big of a difference if you're balking at remembering a movie at age 5.

Originally Posted by FromBeyond
And we forget more than we remember at such a young age... so that watermelon you ate when you was around 3... would you say it was the first watermelon you ever ate ?
I seriously doubt it, but it's possible that's why I remember it.

Why is this even an argument? Do you not have memories since before you were 9 or something?

I'm pretty sure it was Predator for me—at least the first I watched in full. I was probably 6 or 7. It could've possibly been Terminator 2, I remember seeing that one extremely young also.

haha. Yeah, the way Tim Curry talks to Georgie in that scene seriously creeped me out as a kid.

"You are Georgie"

Tim Curry is amazing in that film. All of the other performances are garbage though.

Tim Curry is great!! actually not that long ago since i found out it was him I dont think the rest of the cast is bad though- but it has its moments Ive always thought it was a tv movie and put it down to that.

I read awhile back there was going to be a remake with that skargårds kid from hemlock grove as Pennywise..but then i never heard anything more about it.
anyone know if this is still happening?

I kind of forgot about IT until you mentioned it. I also saw that and Dr. Giggles when I quite young. I wouldn't say they scarred me for life, but I was afraid of watching IT again for a number of years. I've been meaning to, but I haven't gotten around to watching Dr. Giggles. I don't remember much of it, but I do remember thinking about it any time I had to go to the dentist haha.

Ive never heard of Dr Giggles before? is it a horror?

I read awhile back there was going to be a remake with that skargårds kid from hemlock grove as Pennywise..but then i never heard anything more about it.
anyone know if this is still happening?
Yeah, I read something about it on Dark Horizons the other day.

Ive never heard of Dr Giggles before? is it a horror?
Yes, it's a campy R-rated horror movie from '92. The villain reminded me of my Dentist, which is probably why it stuck in my mind haha.

The first (and only?) NC-17 I've seen is Requiem for a Dream. Definitely makes for an awkward family movie moment when you realize you're watching lesbians go at it with a double dildo.

Yes, it's a campy R-rated horror movie from '92. The villain reminded me of my Dentist, which is probably why it stuck in my mind haha.
haha,oh no,as if going to the dentist wasnt bad enough on its own

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Did you know Larry Drake died in March? He was also the bad guy in Darkman.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I can't believe people remember the first R-rated movie they ever saw...I haven't a clue.

The first (and only?) NC-17 I've seen is Requiem for a Dream. Definitely makes for an awkward family movie moment when you realize you're watching lesbians go at it with a double dildo.
I've not seen it since the early 00's, but they're not lesbians are they? That is, Marion isn't.

I think I've answered this before in the thread, but I was 3 and it was a Hammer vampire film. In my mind it's Dracula (1958) but it might've just been a Christopher Lee vampire film. However, the first one I can remember sitting down to watch is either The Exorcist or Friday The 13th. when I was 7 or 8.

I've not seen it since the early 00's, but they're not lesbians are they? That is, Marion isn't.
Seems like a distinction without a difference.

Are you saying she is a lesbian because she does that?
No, I'm just saying it's homosexual sex regardless of their orientation. Honestly what kind of sex it is doesn't REALLY matter, I'm saying that's some relatively hardcore fetish fuel to sit down and see for the first time with your mom.

she was not a lesbian-There was a lack of drugs at that time and only one man had some. he forced her into prostitution for it-both having sex with him and taking her to parties where,like that scene,she had to have sex with other people infront of jeering men throwing money at them.that scene is potraying just how low her life had fallen because of drugs and the evilness of others.one mans pain is another mans gain.
to put that as lesbian scene is very odd to me

still awkward to sit through though... I sat through an episode of the L word with my parents once..never again

You should check out Antichrist and A Serbian Film.