Your Most Controversial Film Opinions?

Tools    

Think it's only you and fans of bad movies who have actually watched it
hah.
i think it got a lot of flack cos of the two main stars. i didnt like ben affleck in it,but i think jennifer was good,and the actor who played the mentally challenged or what-to-call-it was amazing. there was some horrid dialogue though.

I would say luis bunuel s" Belle de jour" as a controversial film of a wife who works as a prostitute in the afternoons

Okay, here we go...

I really don't like Citizen Kane. Boring, well made for it's time but boring, uninteresting as hell and has no compelling characters.
Raiders of the Lost Ark. ^ except it has some great action scenes.
Mad Max 2. Meh, not my kind of film (I much prefer Fury Road and Mad Max 1).
Star Wars Trilogy. Well made but very predictable and has one-note characters.
Alien 3. The Theatrical cut is good but the Assembly cut is great, even better than Aliens.
Transformers Franchise. Badly made but fun as hell.
Grown Ups 1 & 2. Horrible movies but I enjoy them, plus they have a bit of nostalgia for me.
Jaws. I like it but nowhere near as much as other people. It's fine, a good time.
Jurassic Park. ^
Interstellar. It's one of my favorite films of all time, it gets way too much hate.
World War Z. Severely underrated.

Note. Most of these films I recognize are badly/greatly made but since my taste is not very "mainstream" and kind of "unique" (I don't know how else to describe it), I sometimes don't agree with the majority.

Showgirls being a great movie might qualify as a " controversial " opinion. Not too sure what the consensus is on this specific board, but there seems to be a strong stigma attached to the film for various reasons.

i dont like the notebook,it was rushed and at time badly acted and whoever did the main girls make up should be fired.
wasnt really all that impressed with the revenant
i love titanic
i hate scream 4 and wish it would have never been made
i hate once upon a time in america-the jennifer connelly thing is so odd.
Pulp fiction is meh
Let's be agree to completely disagree

must be the person on this forum with the most opposite movie taste as me hahaha

I have to return some videotapes...
I don't think Spielberg belongs in the top 10 directors of all time (maybe he's 10 idk).

Please hold your applause till after the me.
I love Alien vs. Predator, Tomb Raider, and Ghost Rider 2, even though I like them as guilty pleasures, I've still gotten heat for it.

And lots of people tend to frank out when I tell them that I don't like Boogie Nights.

Okay, here we go...

I really don't like Citizen Kane. Boring, well made for it's time but boring, uninteresting as hell and has no compelling characters.
Interstellar. It's one of my favorite films of all time, it gets way too much hate.
World War Z. Severely underrated.

100% right

I love Alien vs. Predator, Tomb Raider, and Ghost Rider 2, even though I like them as guilty pleasures, I've still gotten heat for it.

And lots of people tend to frank out when I tell them that I don't like Boogie Nights.
I didn't like Boogie Nights either, so maybe you're not so controversial

i also like showgirls,i thought it was a bit brave in how brutally honest it was and it didnt really sugercoat the maincharacter into being this overly goodie twoshoes that most movies go for.
but ive said this before,the movie has got one of the worst sex scenes ever made.

Let's be agree to completely disagree

must be the person on this forum with the most opposite movie taste as me hahaha

haha,i was actually thinking of you when i wrote the notebook thing,i remember you saying it made you cry.

Please hold your applause till after the me.
I agree with you on Interstellar, I've never seen WWZ in its entirety, and Citizen Kane, WHAT, MAY YOU DIE A THOUSAND TIMES A THOUSAND DEATHS, EACH ONE MORE HORRIBLE THAN THE LAST, *cough* I'm sorry, I meant I respect your opinion.

haha,i was actually thinking of you when i wrote the notebook thing,i remember you saying it made you cry.
I think it's the only romantic movie I've ever cry on... it's cliché but I don't know why I find it pretty good