The 6th Hall Of Fame

Tools    

Oh absolutely.

I made a mistake with that
rating. I have no idea how that zero and decimal point got there. It was supposed to be

I just adore the masterpiece of cinema that is K-On!

Were you looking for it there, or did you randomly come across it?
I went to movie hunt and it occurred to me to look for it. Glad I thought of it.

Check out your libraries guys. Seriously. I borrowed Rushmore and Before the Devil Knows You're Dead from mine. $0 and three weeks to watch them before I had to return them. Score!

Check out your libraries guys. Seriously. I borrowed Rushmore and Before the Devil Knows You're Dead from mine. $0 and three weeks to watch them before I had to return them. Score!
Score indeed. My library doesn't have a very good selection. Small town living. I should get a card in Chattanooga though. Probably would be worth the 40 minute drive every so often.

What are libraries?

Finished it, great selection of movies overall. Two complains however:

1. Lack of science fiction films nominated.
2. Lack of animated films nominated (besides mine, this is valid for all HoF).

My favorite genre and my favorite medium are unrepresented in HoF. Same applies to comedies however, as comedies are rarely nominated for the HoF. With my preliminary ratings:

All Quiet On The Western Front
+
Foreign Correspondent

Late Spring
++
Fail Safe

Woman In The Dunes
-
Pierrot le Fou
-
Das Boot
+
Raise The Red Lantern

This Boy's Life
-
A Perfect World
+
Sonatine

The Sweet Hereafter
-
Rushmore
+
Blue Car

Ten
+ (some interesting elements but overall I found it unpleasant to watch)
Brokeback Mountain

Before The Devil Knows Your Dead [rating]4[/rating[
The Man From Earth

K-On!
+++

That's gotta be a record. Maybe. I remember Guap sent one in super fast one time.
No. I sent one in 4 days, the first one. I took the weekend to watch all the nominated films, non-stop. Then I sent it.

I love setting records.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Finished it, great selection of movies overall. Two complains however:

1. Lack of science fiction films nominated.
2. Lack of animated films nominated (besides mine, this is valid for all HoF).

My favorite genre and my favorite medium are unrepresented in HoF. Same applies to comedies however, as comedies are rarely nominated for the HoF. With my preliminary ratings:

All Quiet On The Western Front
+
Foreign Correspondent

Late Spring
++
Fail Safe

Woman In The Dunes
-
Pierrot le Fou
-
Das Boot
+
Raise The Red Lantern

This Boy's Life
-
A Perfect World
+
Sonatine

The Sweet Hereafter
-
Rushmore
+
Blue Car

Ten
+ (some interesting elements but overall I found it unpleasant to watch)
Brokeback Mountain

Before The Devil Knows Your Dead [rating]4[/rating[
The Man From Earth

K-On!
+++

You do realize that there will always be a specialty HoF running now. Right now it's horror and noir. Some movies are just never going to win a standard HoF no matter what so the specIalty HoFs are there to represent those movies. I'm just hoping people keep that in mind when nominating movies.

Musicals have already proven they can't win a standard, science fiction might go over with the right crowd, but not many would be a winner, most animation isn't going to do well so these are why the specialty HoFs exist.