The Mofo Top 100 Television Shows

Tools    

It's Always Sunny seems too low here, would have been one of the top shows on my list. Constantly makes me laugh when I watch it.

Hannibal is very good, in that it's well written, acted, etc, but I only really liked the first and last episodes of the first season. It's too dark, too. I mean lack of light, dark, not content or mood or anything.
Agreed, I have watched all of season one and a few episodes of season two, but this really annoyed me. I'm all for trying to be dark, but there are episodes were not a single scene feels light at all, it's overkill to the extreme.

Hannibal was my #7.

Really unique show that dares to be different and strange and of course very graphic. I hated it at first, but as soon as I really dived into it, it became amazing. Second season is superior to the first.

I was looking forward to the second season of Hannibal. I was ready to drop it, but the last episode of season one made me think it'd go somewhere interesting in season two. It probably does, but after twenty minutes or so of that first episode I was sick of the darkness and just decided to delete all the episodes I had.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Pleased to see Frasier place fairly high on the list though I'd have liked it to have been higher, particularly given the other sitcoms that are undoubtedly still to come. I'm especially disappointed that Cheers will apparently come ahead of it given that I think the spin-off far surpassed it. While Boy Meets World may have a bigger place in my heart, for my money Frasier is the smartest and funniest sitcom of all time. For a show that was so smart and literate it could do silly better than just about any other show; some of its screwball farces were just hilarious as one simple miscommunication would spiral out of control into a whole mess of misunderstandings.

As honeykid pointed out the entire cast are fantastic. Kelsey Grammer was just fantastic as Frasier, as was John Mahoney as his father. And there was great support from Jane Leeves and Peri Gilpin, alongside smaller characters (Bulldog, Noel, Bebe, Gil Chesterton). However the absolute MVP has to be David Hyde Pierce who truly was perfect as Niles. In fact I think he may well be my favourite TV character of all time. Oh yeah and Moose who played Eddie? Best animal actor ever!

There were just so damn many great episodes; Frasier v Martin at chess, Daphne and Niles go to the ball, Martin writing a song for Frank Sinatra, Frasier embarking on a 'relationship' with Patrick Stewart, Frasier and Niles opening The Happy Brothers restaurant, Niles battling the fencing instructor ("yes Niles, that's just what we need, a fourth language!"), the RV trip to Canada, the ski lodge etc. And then there's probably my favourite episode of the show, and possibly my favourite episode of any sitcom, with the ham radio play. David Hyde Pierce is just epic in that episode. Oh and no show ever did a Christmas episode as well as Frasier did, not even close.

Oh and for more Pierce epicness how about the opening 5-10 minutes of a valentine's day episode I think it was where he's getting ready for a date by ironing his pants. It unfolds in near silence but is freaking hilarious

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Pleased to see Frasier place fairly high on the list though I'd have liked it to have been higher, particularly given the other sitcoms that are undoubtedly still to come. I'm especially disappointed that Cheers will apparently come ahead of it given that I think the spin-off far surpassed it. While Boy Meets World may have a bigger place in my heart, for my money Frasier is the smartest and funniest sitcom of all time. For a show that was so smart and literate it could do silly better than just about any other show; some of its screwball farces were just hilarious as one simple miscommunication would spiral out of control into a whole mess of misunderstandings.

As honeykid pointed out the entire cast are fantastic. Kelsey Grammer was just fantastic as Frasier, as was John Mahoney as his father. And there was great support from Jane Leeves and Peri Gilpin, alongside smaller characters (Bulldog, Noel, Bebe, Gil Chesterton). However the absolute MVP has to be David Hyde Pierce who truly was perfect as Niles. In fact I think he may well be my favourite TV character of all time. Oh yeah and Moose who played Eddie? Best animal actor ever!

There were just so damn many great episodes; Frasier v Martin at chess, Daphne and Niles go to the ball, Martin writing a song for Frank Sinatra, Frasier embarking on a 'relationship' with Patrick Stewart, Frasier and Niles opening The Happy Brothers restaurant, Niles battling the fencing instructor ("yes Niles, that's just what we need, a fourth language!"), the RV trip to Canada, the ski lodge etc. And then there's probably my favourite episode of the show, and possibly my favourite episode of any sitcom, with the ham radio play. David Hyde Pierce is just epic in that episode. Oh and no show ever did a Christmas episode as well as Frasier did, not even close.

Oh and for more Pierce epicness how about the opening 5-10 minutes of a valentine's day episode I think it was where he's getting ready for a date by ironing his pants. It unfolds in near silence but is freaking hilarious

I agree 110%. "Frasier" was a great show, and David Hyde Pierce was the best part of it. He was so funny in every episode that he stole the whole show.

Season 1 of Hannibal is very good and apparently two is even better, shocked to see it this high, none the less. My number 12, but that does seem a bit high looking back

Exterminate all rational thought.
Whew, a slew of mine in that bunch. I had Blackadder goes fourth as my 24th. It's my second favorite Blackadder. Frasier was my 23 and is the greatest spinoff of all time. ALL TIME! Law & Order was my #8 and I watched it as a kid and absolutely shaped how I watch TV. Ohhh Hannibal. My #5, and currently my #1 obsession. Would have been higher but I felt it was very hard to put such a new show in my top 5. But it is glorious. It's dark, it's graphic, it's beautiful, the dialogue is phenomenal and it's on NBC! This is the first time in the last 15 years of awesome television we've had the pleasure of watching, that something this good has ever aired on network television. Season 2 made season 1 look like child's play. The season 2 finale alone is worth watching the whole season. Just go watch it already!

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Didn't vote for It's Always Sunny, but I do love it and I'm glad it's on the list.

Most of these shows I've never seen or heard of, but it's not because I live in a cave. My wife completely dominates the TV. About 80% of the movies I watch are when she's sleeping or shopping. I copy and pasted a text she sent to me today while I was working-

Housewives *of Beverly hills' upcoming season looks awesome! *2 new Beverly Hills housewives; Lisa Rhina & Eileen Davidson (tall blonde who played Kristin on One Life to Live)! * *It showed Lisa throw a champagne glass at one of the wives yelling, "STAY AWAY FROM MY HUSBAND YOU JUNKIE)!*Dont forget the Dutch bitch married to David the music guy. It's going to be good!

So that's what I'm up against

I feel ya Cricket. I survived a lot of Cupcake Wars and Will And Grace during my twelve years of marriage. She did love The Sopranos and The Shield though.

The problem with shows like that is now it seems like there's a show for EVERYTHING out there. Anything you imagine could turn into a silly TV show.

By the way, speaking of shows -- the worst television show I've ever seen FINALLY got cancelled, thanks to a scandal. Here Comes Honey Boo Boo. Grossest show ever.