The MoFo Top 100 of the 1970s: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

I just figured TCM would be one of those movies that wouldn't even be Top 50. Or even Top 60. Maybe even struggling to get on the list at all. I know it's a beloved '70s movie, but THIS IS MOVIE FORUMS. I expected... you know... the whole list to be nothing but movies nobody's ever heard of. Things that only 15 people in the world have seen, who are members here, and who all put the same obscure things on their lists. I mean, I'm surprised Star Wars didn't show up back at #90.

If Annie Hall makes the top 20, I will chastise whoever voted for it very heavily. I hate Woody Allen films.
Oh, how I hope it makes the Top Ten now!

Just try not to get yourself banned again
Seriously, Slob. We can't afford to lose a person like you around here.

I didn't like Texas Chainsaw Massacre and I didn't watch Annie Hall, so no points from me for either one.
This is a non-post. Wasn't necessary.

If Annie Hall makes the top 20, I will chastise whoever voted for it very heavily. I hate Woody Allen films.

You can start on me now. I can take it.

i loved the first hour of network, but after a while it gets too caught up in its own obnoxious cynicism. good movie, but i never considered it for my list.

the french connection is probably the movie i'm most disappointed that i didn't get to before submitting my list. it looks excellent and i've loved 2/3 of the friedkin's i've seen.

Dave Grohl's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, clearly inspired by the MoFo '70s List...

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

My uncle died of ALS not long ago. From diagnosis to his death was less than two years. We think he probably got it from Vietnam -- Agent Orange. So, it's not that I'm not sympathetic or anything, but this ice bucket thing has been everywhere.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I have some catching up to do (like everything else, but here's how I see it

MY LIST
2. The Last Picture Show
+
6. Fantastic Planet

9. House
+
15. Five Easy Pieces
+
18. Dirty Harry

25. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory