Sandler in record Razzies sweep

Tools    

Adam Sandler and friends have scored a new high - or low - among voters of the Razzies, an Academy Awards spoof that presents prizes for the year's worst movies.

Sandler's Jack and Jill managed a Razzies first, claiming 10 awards to sweep every single category. Along with the movie's worst-picture award, Sandler won for both worst actor and actress for his dual roles in the film in which he plays a family man and his own pesky twin sister.

"He didn't play triplets, but he couldn't have won more awards if he had," said Razzies founder John Wilson.

Sandler also shared the Jack and Jill Razzies for worst ensemble, worst screen couple opposite either himself or co-stars Al Pacino or Katie Holmes and worst screenplay as a co-writer on the movie.

Pacino won as worst supporting actor for playing himself in Jack and Jill, while Sandler's pal David Spade was named worst supporting actress for his own cross-dressing role in the movie.

It's the only movie in the 32-year history of the Razzies to win every prize.

But the Razzies did not overlook Sandler's other starring role from last year. Sandler's worst-actor prize came for both Jack and Jill and his earlier comedy Just Go With It. Dennis Dugan, the filmmaker behind both comedies, was named worst director for both flicks.

Jack and Jill was also picked as worst remake, rip-off or sequel, billed by Razzies voters as a remake or rip-off of Ed Wood's cross-dressing cult favorite Glen or Glenda?

The awards were announced at a gag ceremony on Sunday night at a magic shop in Santa Monica, California. Razzie winners usually are announced the night before the Oscars, but organisers this time decided to move out of Hollywood's busy awards season and do their show on April Fool's Day.
http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/sandler-r...042358362.html

I think a lot of films that came out later were worse than Battlefield Earth.

But Jack & Jill, that was something else.. No idea how the movie was, but the trailer was repulsive enough to be the worst ever made.

How embarassing. I actually like Sandler even though he does too much crap. I haven't seen anything decent from him in the last five years or so.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

Haha, brilliant. Gotta love the razzies. They make good choices.

Anyone seen Bucky Larson? looks absolutely awful.
No but I've seen the trailer and you're right, which is a shame as I like Nick Swardson as a comedian.

How embarassing. I actually like Sandler even though he does too much crap. I haven't seen anything decent from him in the last five years or so.
Nothing good since Punch-Drunk Love. Click was bearable.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I liked Click too. Yes, he is in a lot of trash, but I do like Click, Happy Gilmore, Reign Over Me (not a comedy, but still), 50 First Dates, and I believe I am missing a few.

A system of cells interlinked
Punch Drunk Love?

I haven't seen and that's a good thing....

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
I just love the fact that he won for both best actor and actress!

I actually liked Click better than a lot of people seemed to. I thought it was touching.
Yeah I really liked Click. Was more of the more pleasant surprises of the last few years. A few laughs and moved into much darker and touching territory than I was expecting.

I used to really like Sandler back when I was younger. Films like Waterboy, Billy Maddison and Happy Gilmore. However many of them I've not seen in years so don't know how I'd react to them now. Still love 50 First Dates and The Wedding Singer though. Oh and also like Airheads

I don't remember asking you a ******* thing!
Punch-Drunk Love is Sandler at his personal best. He's not being a goof with a short fuse in that one, but an man who's tired of everybody pushing him around. He has a temper, sure, but it's not over the top like in most of his other films. In fact, it's very realistic. The film might feel a bit strange to some, but Sandler does tremendously in it. Not Oscar worthy, but it's still something to note.

GO JACK AND JILL!!!

I've seen this movie twice so far. I saw it in the theatre and I own it on Blu-ray!

My review: http://www.movieforums.com/community...d.php?p=778310

I gave it

[
I've seen this movie twice so far. I saw it in the theatre and I own it on Blu-ray!

I gave it
I haven't seen it, so, I probably shouldn't comment. However, he has lost his touch now...IMO anyway.

Semper Fooey

Mrs Hardy & Mrs Laurel in 'Twice Two' (1933)

CONGRATS!

Not sure if serious.

I can see The Three Stooges doing this next year.
Pretty sure it's a lot better than Jack and Jill.