I'm Making a War Movie. Read what it's all about and then tell me what you think...

Tools    

Do you like my movie idea?
27.27%
3 votes
Yeah, it's cool - go for it
36.36%
4 votes
It's OK.
36.36%
4 votes
I've seen better.
0%
0 votes
Seen Red Dawn?
11 votes. You may not vote on this poll

A novel adaptation.
Originally Posted by Rabid_Imp
On another note are you just writing the script or hoping to do a Sam Raimi and direct it aswell?
I love that of all the directors who have done this, and there have been many, you chose Sam Raimi, who had only written a slim minority of the movies he's directed.

there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by The Silver Bullet
Yeah, that non-industry peer pressure is a killer...

Why wasn't there a poll option for people who thought your idea sucked absolute and unequivocally?
Heheheh - a man with experience

I like my little net-only-distributed technique so far for my shorts. No bosses. No actors (coz i edit old footage)...and no profits. Heigh ho - it's all experience. And good fun communicating too.

One of mine is on www.3btv.com this friday - all day western european time. "How to Stay on Top" - watch out tho - it's anti-this-war (and deception in general). In fact, it hits a lot of targets i don't think some posters here will like. But that's what conversation-stimulation is about eh? Polemic

It's "an information video for world leaders" made from some 50s science programs. [soz about the dodgy accents y'all - tho brits think i've done a good job ]

Enjoy, if you take the time (broadband required - and even so it'll glitch a touch which is annoying. And its an old edition with a teeny-tiny repeated-section at one point - but that's life. Sing it with me..."that's what it's aaaaaall about..." Did I pitch it well or what?)

Damn, i'm on the stupid-juice again.

Off to work!

there's a frog in my snake oil
oh yeah, good luck M btw (you'll need it baby)

now, when to make my short about ego-less trees? (damn heathens are putting street-lights in for old grannies in the forest with the bizarre metallic-roman-pillar-and-bin-combination i need to centre it around. There goes my panoramic shot. Ah well, at least the house down the road hasn't dug up its incongruous stunted palm-tree. I need that too. Do you think i should ask for permission to film? Nah - i'll just lie under it hit-an-run-style and give it a credit )

Originally Posted by Herod
I love that of all the directors who have done this, and there have been many, you chose Sam Raimi, who had only written a slim minority of the movies he's directed.
Lovely use of sarcasm my friend. I only chose him because I watched Evil Dead 2 about 5 minutes before posting.

Also I chose Sam Raimi because for his first film he travelled around gathering money from dentists, lawyers and othersuch folk to budget the film. His FIRST film he did everything himself, with the help of his friends.

Possible problem to fix ....

Dont have your seven men walking around an abandoned suburb for 50 odd minutes doing nothing, because you did say the enemy wont be seen till the end right?

I think that the idea of this is cool, but a few things:

1. What type of movie is this going to be? It sounds like a military war/action movie, but not being able to see the enemy would hinder the action considerably. So is it going to be more suspense?

2. The idea of not seeing the enemy is very, very cool, but like others are saying I think it would be tough to fill up an hour and a half with no enemy shown, b/c how would you show the conflict?

3. Since they are coming from Canada I think you should have Terrence and Philip be the enemy. Just show that the enemy is burning people and at the end reveal that it is just these 2 farting out flames at people!

BTW - I was just joking about that 3rd thing. It would be funny though.

That website makes me want to watch it oh so very much.

What's the deal with you posting the same thing about this friggin Star Party thing in every thread?

sorry, my bad.
hey man, if you dont like the movie then keep it to yourself ok
thanks

Originally Posted by projectMayhem
What's the deal with you posting the same thing about this friggin Star Party thing in every thread?

Because he is a sneaky spammer... but I am a bit hungry...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Go for it dude.Still dont know how you gonna get bullet motion in there...cuz these dayz u gotta have bullet motion!Anyway love the whole suspense building thing.Is music and sound gonna play a big part?
Gotta have music........

Originally Posted by FilmzRcool
cuz these dayz u gotta have bullet motion!
Please tell me you're being sarcastic.

Please tell me you're being sarcastic.

Its an observation. Every other commercial or music video I see seems to have bullet motion in some form or other. I dont have a problem with it as a filming technique so long as they do something different from the matrix. So whats your problem with it?

Lol.That bold font does make it look vicious. It was a light hearted comment. What I wanted to know from PM was did he mean:

"This is a low budget film and bullet motion a highly skilled/expensive technique you moran".

OR

"Bullet motion sukz".

Sorry for any bad vibes.

My problem with that mode of thinking is that in the Matrix the bullet time had a purpose, and they had a creative way of using it. The fact that even commercials have ripped it off pisses me off, because they are cheapening the coolness factor of the whole method.

Fair point. But it doesnt look good just for action sequences.

I know that, that is why it makes me angry that the only thing people see when they look at the Matrix is the bullet-time and not its purpose.