Fantastic Four 2: Rise of the Silver Surfer

Tools    

??cixelsid ma i fi tahw os
just cuz he can go through buildings and trains??

well actually thats a good enough reason

Beware The Probe!
honestly the only highlight to me in the fantastic four movies so far is jessica alba....
Wow.
Wierd to hear someone say that.
Usually, everyone hates Alba as Sue Storm.
Personally, I truely, madly, deeply love the goddess, myself and always find it a treat for the visual senses to see her play a super-hero.

I do wonder, sometimes how choice#2 would have worked out if they had gone with her over Jessica Alba.

Course then we'd probably have a different 'Niki' on Heroes and I'd lose my weekly dose of Ali Larter but still, I think she would have made a most excellent Invisible Woman as well.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
The Surfer is a great comic book character and I do not think this film will do him justice. IMHO

Suspect's Reviews

The new trailer looks great!

Alba was a great choice. I'm sick of some people expecting her to be all WASP because that was how the comic book character looked like back in the heydays. Alba looks like the girl of TODAY!

Only another 21 days and its FF4 madness!!!! It is going to be so awesome.

Beware The Probe!
Couldn't find a better HD version of this trailer anywhere so the YouTube one will have to do...

Almost identical to the second trailer but it has some extra footage the last 2 trailers didn't have such as Invisible Woman with Torch's powers and a funnier ending clip...

And just for laughs...
Check this clip out.

&NR=1

And just for laughs...
Check this clip out.

&NR=1

The Thing looks like a dork lmao.

I always thought The Silver Surfer was a good guy?
He kind of was/is cause apparently he was Galactus' silver slave boy though by his own free will so then pretty much had to search out the planets for him to consume, until he rebelled.

I still have to watch the first one before I can even think about the second movie. But these movies look look. If I think about it I should be watching FF Saturday.

I'll be pi$$ed if it doesn't show Galactus and pi$$ed again if he is anything less than how he looks in the comics like if he were a mist or just a voice. That will fry my arse. And looking at IMDB. he is nowhere to be found in the character list which makes me believe he won't be in it even for 10 seconds.

Saw this last night, and he looks nothing like he did in the comicsc/cartoons/etc. To be honest, though, I can't really complain about that. I don't think a big purple suit with a giant helmet would invoke anything other than laughter from a movie audience.

Saw this last night, and he looks nothing like he did in the comicsc/cartoons/etc. To be honest, though, I can't really complain about that. I don't think a big purple suit with a giant helmet would invoke anything other than laughter from a movie audience.
Yeah I have been thinking about that lately as I searched for how he looked in the first reviews of the film yesterday and found out what his true form on the big screen would look like. That's why they didn't do it to begin with actually so maybe it was a smart move after all.

What do you rate the film yoda?

Yeah I have been thinking about that lately as I searched for how he looked in the first reviews of the film yesterday and found out what his true form on the big screen would look like. That's why they didn't do it to begin with actually so maybe it was a smart move after all.
Yeah, it's a tough situation, to be sure, but I think they handled it pretty well. The more I read about all this, the more I learn that Galactus' true form is kind of ambiguous anyway, and their representation of him in the movie is pretty cool. Great character, either way.

What do you rate the film yoda?
Tough question. I'll be writing a review today, most likely, but I'm still deciding whether to give it 3 out of 5, or 3.5 out of 5. Definitely one of those two, however.

Yeah, it's a tough situation, to be sure, but I think they handled it pretty well. The more I read about all this, the more I learn that Galactus' true form is kind of ambiguous anyway.

Still, great character.
Yep. I myself never knew much about the Surfer or Galactus before this movie got me to pursue more of their backgrounds but I am interested, when I go see it, how the Silver Surfer finally escaped such a bada$$ seeing as it was betrayal once he inevitably turned his back on the big guy. I also find it unimaginable that he became his slave to save his own planet yet had no problem consciously assisting Galactus in finding entire planets to consume with living beings on them especially. I doubt the movie goes into such detail but that does make me wonder.

Tough question. I'll be writing a review today, most likely, but I'm still deciding whether to give it 3 out of 5, or 3.5 out of 5. Definitely one of those two, however.
Ok cool. I'll be looking forward to reading that.

I also find it unimaginable that he became his slave to save his own planet yet had no problem consciously assisting Galactus in finding entire planets to consume with living beings on them especially. I doubt the movie goes into such detail but that does make me wonder.
Yeah, the movie doesn't get into that much, though in the comic book world he begins by scouting uninhabited planets. They become rarer, and he scouts inhabited ones only because Galactus tampers with his conscience, or some such.

It only gets more convoluted from there. If you ever have 3 or 4 hours to kill, look up a single Marvel superhero on Wikipedia and just start reading and clicking whatever links strike your fancy. It's endless.

They become rarer, and he scouts inhabited ones only because Galactus tampers with his conscience, or some such.
I was reading a touch from the imdb. question and answer area of this movie last night regarding Galactus and the Surfer and it actually mentioned Galactus having a moral conscience there.

"Galactus' conscience was only eased by the prophecy that he will ultimately make good on the devastation he wrought."

It also said that Galactus at first searched for worlds habited populated by sentient races not because he ran out of non inhabited worlds but because his hunger gradually forced him to do this.

It only gets more convoluted from there. If you ever have 3 or 4 hours to kill, look up a single Marvel superhero on Wikipedia and just start reading and clicking whatever links strike your fancy. It's endless.
Thanks. That's a pretty neat site to have around to obtain quick info on certain subjects.