Spider-Man

→ in
Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Kinda mixin two movies there aren't ya? It's Osborne.

Saw it again and noticed something...the spider bite never goes away
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Dedicated Ewan freak forever.
I knew Willem Dafoe could pull of the creepy Green Goblin. While I was watching it I just kept thinking about Shadow of the Vampire. But its cool how he can make those faces without a whole bunch of vampire makeup and still look awesomely creepy. I just loved the whole movie, especially Tobey Maguire. I don't care what people say, he was great as Spider-man (and Peter Parker) and I couldn't think of anyone who could do it any better.....

it was ok

It felt like Fellowship, like that it was the set-up for greater things. The movie was ok, and stayed basically with the comic, but it wasnt that good, i mean see it, but dont be pissed if your not wowed.
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

Saw the movie last night, and I loved it. Sure, it could have been better, but overall it was a good flick. When Peter was first learning to use his webbing? Hillarious! The only thing I didn't like was the way the movie kept moving around, not giving you enough time to actually get to know the characters or their background. Other than that, I enjoyed it, and I'll keep some money stashed for the DVD's release.

I saw this last night. One thing that struck me was the similarity between Peter Parker and Rand al'Thor from The Wheel of Time.

I am not familiar with the comics but I assume they were true to the story and situation of spider-man, and how he shuns attachment for fear that the people he loved could be used to hurt him.

This is the same with Rand in those books, he alienates himself from the women he loves and his hometown so that they won't be used as bait for him.

What I'm curious about is if Robert Jordan stole this theme from Spider-man, as much as I like his books Robert Jordan is a huge "borrower" and it wouldn't suprise me.

Originally posted by TWTCommish

Nope. It's Osborn.
If I wasn't feeling bad right now I would say something...I'll just leave it at

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Spider-Man just ROCKS. Seriously. Give it the Best Picture Oscar. I'm not kidding. I have to see this again. Sam Raimi is finally back to making truly great movies. Let's all hope for Evil Dead 4 next! One complaint: They didn't use the hilarious Ramones version of the old Spider-Man song anywhere in the film. But it DID have Bruce Campbell, Macho Man Randy Savage, Lucy Lawless, "the Classic" (Sam Raimi's car, which has appeared in every one of his films), and Ted Raimi in cameos, so that more than makes up for that one oversight. Bring on Spider-Man 2!!!!

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Dedicated Ewan freak forever.
What was with the Macy Gray cameo? Couldn't they get anyone better. What part was Lucy Lawless in? I think I know but I am not sure...I have seen it twice and I certainly want to see it again!

I used to like Macy Gray...a lot, even...at first. I dug her unique voice. Now, it's getting kinda old...and the fact that she seems to be a very unlikeable person, I admit, has a negative effect. I also saw/heard that Lawless had a short part/cameo/whatever, but despite two viewings I haven't actually noticed her in the film.

I haven't seen it yet, but obviously the Oscar is out. If they can't give it to FOTR, they certainly won't give it to a comic book movie anytime soon. I'll try to catch this in the next few days; I think I'll like it, not love it.

Oh...was looking on another site where they were talking about the mistakes made in the movie. In the scene where Parker is visiting his aunt in the hospital listen carefully to the PA in the background. It's saying something...maybe a familiar tune.

Radioactive Spider Blood
Lucy Lawless is the punk girl being interviewed about Spider Man. She's got the crazy hair and the rings...

"Chances are, if your parents didn't have any kids, then you won't either."