Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

The Last Voyage of the Demeter - Now and again, in the world of movies you never heard about, you hit a gem. I'm a fan of stories revolving around the original Dracula story that was written by Bram Stoker. I saw this direct to video version, a dramatization of a chapter in Stoker's book, advertised on Amazon, decided to give it a try. It's done really well, looks like video rather than film and goes to the feel of what it would be to be on a ship unwittingly transporting Dracula to England (the first chapter of Stoker's book). Acting is quite good, video quality is excellent and you know that this will not end well for the unfortunate crew of the Demeter. Nobody gets scared by books anymore, but a video of this part of Stoker's book gives you some insight on how scary this story could be.

Oh yeah....that one. Way back when, when it was new, theater patrons got a set of cheap, cheesy cardboard "glasses" when they entered the theater. They could use the glasses to see the ghosts (if they could stand it) or not see the ghosts, if they were about to die from fright. It was the grand old days of movie gimmicks like Illusion-O.

Re-watching the Mission Impossible series.

Fun fact, Tom Cruise is currently 4 years older than Vince Vaughn was in the first movie.

Tried to find a good, respectable Middle Eastern film. Failed. Settled on rewatching this.

It’s not bad. Quite entertaining. Imagine if she wins an Oscar.

Love this cover.

The Curse of the Werewolf, from my Hammer Films DVD set. These "horror" movies were well produced with lots of costumes and saturated color, unlike a lot of old black and white movies that "inspired" them. It featured Oliver Reed, well known in his time for his hell raiser life style. He was last seen as Proximo, the trainer of gladiators in Gladiator. This one features enough human cruelty, sadism and heaving bosoms that the werewolf seems downright sympathetic by comparison. You can probably find better ways to waste an hour and a half.

I bought a Hulu subscription and will be watching whatever I find interesting on there and movies on the Public Domain site throughout this month.

Hulu
No ads: $17.99/mo.
https://www.hulu.com/welcome?orig_re...e.com%2F#plans

Public Domain Movies
Legally free
https://publicdomainmovie.net/feature_movies

I doubt theres enough material to keep me busy here for more than a month.