Cloverfield (1.18.08)

Tools    

I just know they're coming to kill me.
I found this blog site online to have some helpful clues. It kinda brings a new meaning to the whole "Slusho wakes up the monster" theory.

Any other news/viral gaming news surrounding the movie? I haven't been keeping up with it lately.

EDIT:

Also found this to be very interesting.

Well everyone you can cancel out the title 1-18-08 for the movie (which I always doubted it was). The U.K. will get the film on January 2, 2008. That's right...1/2/08.

J.J. Abrham's upcoming Cloverfield will be released in the U.S. January 18, 2008

Well everyone you can cancel out the title 1-18-08 for the movie (which I always doubted it was). The U.K. will get the film on January 2, 2008. That's right...1/2/08.

J.J. Abrham's upcoming Cloverfield will be released in the U.S. January 18, 2008
are you sure of this release date for UK jrs? We're hearing (I work at cinema) Feb release. Has this changed? What's your source? If I may be so bold! LOL!

Beware The Probe!
That's pretty lame if they release it overseas first.
With all the hype it should be simultaniously released everywhere at once.
Otherwise we'll be completely spoilered on everything including having the movie ready for download before it even hits the theaters here.

Tyger, Tyger, Burning Bright
does anyone know if the Japanese (??) on the back of the latest picture was ever translated at a site?
It just looks like its probably the recipe for whatever food the chef is showing, but I never did find any place that had translated the text, and even if it is just the recipe, there is probably something within it that means something about the movie, or one of the viral websites out there (perhaps the Slusho site?).

I just know they're coming to kill me.
does anyone know if the Japanese (??) on the back of the latest picture was ever translated at a site?
It just looks like its probably the recipe for whatever food the chef is showing, but I never did find any place that had translated the text, and even if it is just the recipe, there is probably something within it that means something about the movie, or one of the viral websites out there (perhaps the Slusho site?).
Here's a quick translation:

Everybody, thank you for viewing! I'll introduce this week's delicious recipe.
Please make sure to keep this one cold!

*Skinless chicken breast - 2,
cut in halves
*Soumen (a kind of japanese noodle) - 10 oz.
*Watercress -
1/2 cup cut into small strips
*Turnip - 1/2 cup, thinly sliced
*Shiitake
(japanese mushrooms) - 1/2 cup
*Chicken stock - 1/3 cup
*Sake (japanese
rice wine) - 2 tbsp.
*Sugar - 1/2 tsp.
*Ocean-bottom crab - one

In a small saucepan, stir together 1/3 cup water, chicken stock, sake, and sugar. Chill it until it becomes cold. Grill the chicken breast on both sides for about 8 minutes, and then chill. Boil the noodles for about 3 minutes, and then run under cold water until chilled. Mix the watercress, turnips, and mushrooms into the soumen. Slice the chicken thinly and arrange on top of the soumen mix. Just before you serve, put the crab in the sauce and pour over the noodles generously.

Go go Oishii ("delicious") Chef!

It is Feburary....sorry. Typo

are you sure of this release date for UK jrs? We're hearing (I work at cinema) Feb release. Has this changed? What's your source? If I may be so bold! LOL!

Here's a quick translation:

Everybody, thank you for viewing! I'll introduce this week's delicious recipe.
Please make sure to keep this one cold!

*Skinless chicken breast - 2,
cut in halves
*Soumen (a kind of japanese noodle) - 10 oz.
*Watercress -
1/2 cup cut into small strips
*Turnip - 1/2 cup, thinly sliced
*Shiitake
(japanese mushrooms) - 1/2 cup
*Chicken stock - 1/3 cup
*Sake (japanese
rice wine) - 2 tbsp.
*Sugar - 1/2 tsp.
*Ocean-bottom crab - one

In a small saucepan, stir together 1/3 cup water, chicken stock, sake, and sugar. Chill it until it becomes cold. Grill the chicken breast on both sides for about 8 minutes, and then chill. Boil the noodles for about 3 minutes, and then run under cold water until chilled. Mix the watercress, turnips, and mushrooms into the soumen. Slice the chicken thinly and arrange on top of the soumen mix. Just before you serve, put the crab in the sauce and pour over the noodles generously.

Go go Oishii ("delicious") Chef!

Thank you very much for the translate...

It sounds like there might be some sort of clue relating to the deep sea crab... and the whole thing about making sure to keep it cold, but you got me...

Beware The Probe!
are you sure of this release date for UK jrs? We're hearing (I work at cinema) Feb release. Has this changed? What's your source? If I may be so bold!

It is Feburary....sorry. Typo

England wins. Hoorah
Akwaaard...

Sorry. Couldn't resist.
I still think something with this much hype should be released everywhere at once though.

Akwaaard...

Sorry. Couldn't resist.
I still think something with this much hype should be released everywhere at once though.
I thought we were getting it first for a min!

Yep, and I agree, it should be released everywhere at the same time.

Beware The Probe!
Sci-Fi-Guy, why did you highlight my words in red?
LOL.
Sorry, didn't realize I did that.
I meant to highlight what you were quoting because this site doesn't allow an inner quote inside a main one.
I meant to make that quote red but since it didn't even show up when I quoted you I wound up making your words red instead.
I should have copied who you quoted and pasted it in red inside yours.

Wow, I almost confused even myself there explaining that.

I think...

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
** 1-18-08: The J.J. Abrams-produced monster movie will get a new trailer and its title will finally be revealed on November 16th attached to the front of Robert Zemeckis' computer animated feature BEOWULF. (thanks to DarkHorizons.com)

Suspect's Reviews

Was thinkin of seeing beowulf(if only for quasi-angelina jolie being all sexy/pixellated) Now I have to see it! Interesting how a movie that will probably have to have great special effects for the destruction/monster/power rangers involved, will be trailered before Transformers and Beowulf, two films with unbelievable sfx/potential.

(That's a whole lotta slashes for some OR statements and an in poor taste CGI sex joke.)

I guess it's just another way of showing us how kickass these guys are at marketing.

Like many, many others, I'm concerned that this movie is getting over hyped... I can't honestly think of anything that could stand the test of being hyped this much.
The worst part of that though is that it isn't really anything that the film makers have overtly done to hype the movie themselves (think of almost any of the big budget mega - CGI flicks of late, with all the media surrounding the movies). Its been how fans have latched on to the viral marketing, and how every nuance of every little bit of information has been dissected to the Nth degree.
I am trying not to get my hopes up, and approach it once it does come out fresh, with no preconceived expectations...