Burgess Meredith
45.45%
5 votes
Danny DeVito
36.36%
4 votes
Robin Lord Taylor
11 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Robin Lord Taylor certainly stands out from the other villains in the little I've seen of Gotham.

For me it's Danny DeVito – I thought he was brilliant. It would be interesting to know from hardcore Batman fans which performance is the closest to the comics.

I'm a bit surprised this hasn't got more attention, what with Gotham and Batman v Superman in existence. Who knows, the Penguin might resurface opposite Affleck's Batman.

DeVito was perfectly cast. If i was casting the movie he would've been the first person to come to mind. Suppose it was him, he was the best thing about Batman Returns which i'm not a big fan of.

Robin Lord Taylor is also really good in Gotham which i'm not a fan of either.

DeVito was perfectly cast. If i was casting the movie he would've been the first person to come to mind. Suppose it was him, he was the best thing about Batman Returns which i'm not a big fan of.
Which one do you like best of the first four? I think it's Returns in my case.

Robin Lord Taylor is also really good in Gotham which i'm not a fan of either.
I'm not a fan either. I didn't respond to Ben McKenzie as Gordon at all but, unusually, what put me off is that he's too similar to Sean Pertwee in appearance – I can't understand why they would do that.

Which one do you like best of the first four? I think it's Returns in my case.
1.Batman
2.Batman Forever (big guilty pleasure of mine)
3.Batman Returns
4.Batman & Robin

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
I loved Danny Devito in the role, and I loved Batman Returns (Michelle Pfeiffer is up there with Julie Newmar as one of the best ever catwomen)

I didn't mind Robin Lord Taylor, but I don't like Gotham. It has the worst presentation of some Batman characters by some degree, Camren Bicondova is an atrocious Catwoman to begin with, even if she in her teens.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
1.Batman
2.Batman Forever (big guilty pleasure of mine)
3.Batman Returns
4.Batman & Robin
I've never been more tempted to get the Burn Book out of Survivor there is no way Forever is better than Returns!

That being said, Batman & Robin is a big guilty pleasure of mine

Camren Bicondova is an atrocious Catwoman to begin with, even if she in her teens.
I actually quite like her. Maybe not good as Selina but i really like the actress.

I've never been more tempted to get the Burn Book out of Survivor there is no way Forever is better than Returns!

That being said, Batman & Robin is a big guilty pleasure of mine
I read an article once arguing that Batman Forever was the best movie of the 90s and Joel Schumacer was the best director of the 90s

Never liked Returns tbh, not sure why exactly.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
I actually quite like her. Maybe not good as Selina but i really like the actress.
Well in her defence I only watched the first series, but I just didn't like her at all I don't think it helps that the prior actresses who portrayed the character consistently gave brilliant performances (except Halle Berry) but I just thought she amateurish anyway.

Understandable. I only watched the first season as well didn't like it. The only two characters i really liked were Penguin and Selina. Was shocked that Jada was getting so much praise, thought she was pretty terrible.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
As much as i love Devito's penguin you can't beat Robin Lord Taylor. Gotham really nail there villains.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

I think Robin Lord Taylor is a worthy successor to Danny DeVito. If it counts for anything, DeVito has said he approves of Taylor's performance.
That's nice of him – I wonder if Burgess said the same!

I never regarded DeVito's portrayal as that of the Penguin.
Sure, he had the same name, but any similarity to any previous iterations (in the comics, on TV or in film) of the character ended there.