Biography movies with two different actors

Tools    

Hey!

I'm trying to trace back to the origin of the idea of using two (or more) different actors in a biographical film to portray the character at different ages.

Not including child actors who portray the character at that age, but rather movies focusing on the character's adulthood and old age.

Nowadays they mainly use makeup and CGI to achieve the aging process with alternating success. But at some point in the history of movies – and low budgets – it was practical to utilize separate actors.

Any movies that come to mind would be helpful. Sadly, all I can think of off-the-bat is See Arnold Run (2005), the Arnold Schwarzenegger TV movie.

I'm Not There, about Bob Dylan, isn't exactly a biography--it's a little trippier than that. But it has six different actors playing Dylan at different periods of his life, including a woman (Cate Blanchett) and an African-American (Marcus Carl Franklin).

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Saving Private Ryan had two different Ryans. Well, two of that Ryan.

There are more I may add later.

Thanks! Keep 'em coming.

In the movie Shine from 1996, Noah Taylor plays the young David Helfgott then later Geoffrey Rush takes over as the older David Helfgott.

Rose from Titanic