The Films you saw at the cinema that FLABBERGASTED you!

Tools    

[1] The Ring
[2] The Matrix (Oviously)
[3] The Matrix Reloaded
[4] American Werewolf in Paris {Damn good CGI Wolves}
[5] Resident Evil
[6] X-Men (Damn Good Movie)

Hulk - still conflicted

LOTR - both times I was in complete awe the whole way through. My dad looked over at me and he said my jaw was dropped for basically the entire time.

Event Horizon - saw it when I was like 12 at the 11:30 pm showing. I didn't sleep that night.

Road to Perdition - the 1st and 2nd time I saw it. the 1st time I had to leave right after thebig shootout in the rain, which was awesome, so I didn't know the ending. When I saw the ending on DVD I was like WHAT?!

Chicago - I left thinking, "I loved it but...it was a musical....I don't get it"

The Emperor's New Groove - the 1st and the best of Disney's new style of animation. Hands down the funniest disney animated movie ever.

Do you know my poetry?
1.The Matrix Reloaded
2.The Matrix
3.Dark City
4.Punch-Drunk Love
5.Harry Potter and The Chamber of secrets
I got soooooooo many I cant think of them all

yeah, Dark City was a good one

Put me in your pocket...
The Joy Luck Club
This movie stayed with me for days after seeing it for the first time. I was pregnant with my second child and everything about this movie touched me. The mother daughter relationships....and their mother's relationships with their mothers...and what had happen to them in their natve country. The whole redefining of the relationships between each mother and daughter really touched me.

And the baby scene...dear lord...I had to run out of the room for that scene.

My eyes were puffy for days....

Ooopps..I rented this movie....I didn't see it at the cinema as the thread starter requested. Oh well, either way, I don't think any movie has effected me the way this one did.

moomoobarhbarhbarh
x-men
(okay, so i don't watch most of my movies at the cinema.. home is much more comfortable anyway :P )

and i must say.. sorry blibblobblib, but signs was just a joke of a movie. the only good things were the startling factor and some of the humour. like VAMOS children VAMOS!!.. ahhh.. that part was great. but the rest?.. bleh.

I really like guys like Brosnan, yeah. But this is what I could never be. So would like to be Jim Carrey, say from "Liar". I guess he's not a big a guy, but the one to love

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
SOOOOOO many, but as of the past few years, LOTR, Harry Potter, Minority Report, Signs, and Identity just to name a VERY few.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Originally Posted by Aniko
The Joy Luck Club
This movie stayed with me for days after seeing it for the first time. I was pregnant with my second child and everything about this movie touched me. The mother daughter relationships....and their mother's relationships with their mothers...and what had happen to them in their natve country. The whole redefining of the relationships between each mother and daughter really touched me.

And the baby scene...dear lord...I had to run out of the room for that scene.

My eyes were puffy for days....

Ooopps..I rented this movie....I didn't see it at the cinema as the thread starter requested. Oh well, either way, I don't think any movie has effected me the way this one did.
I love this movie! It is very touching...

Have you read the book? I thought the movie was better.

May - I didn't see it in the thater but all the same this movie creeped me out from beginning to end. Wow!

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Confessions of a Dangerous Mind - A truly mind warping experience

Pulp Fiction - one of the truly greatest moments in modern cinema, and screamingly funny

Chasing Amy - Made me cry like a little girl

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

So many good movies, so little time.
Jaws
Exorcist
True Romance
Pulp Fiction

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."- Groucho Marx

A system of cells interlinked
Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

When I was but a wee tot in the 1970s...

No one had ever seen anything like that, so many people were freaking out in awe in the theater (my mother included).

Opening day for Frank Marshall's Alive hit me in the nose. I watched it in a small indy theater, making it especially easy to feel like I was almost there experiencing what the character’s were experiencing. I was so impressed with the survivor’s of that terrible crash in the Andes. I saw it with a good friend who exclaimed, after the movie was over and we walked to our cars on a 50 degree night, “Man it’s cold!”

All I could do was laugh.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Bug Planet Proximus
movies that left me walking out of the cinema wondering where they rate on my top 100 list:

The Matrix
Minority Report
8 1/2 (yes, the fist time i saw it was in a cinema)
Kill Bill I
The Lion King
Aladdin
Gladiator
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Zoolander

Originally Posted by Sedai
Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

When I was but a wee tot in the 1970s...

No one had ever seen anything like that, so many people were freaking out in awe in the theater (my mother included).

My dad used my brother as an excuse to go see it about 8 times…

Now for my list and I'm probably missing a few...

The Last of the Mohicans
Braveheart
Dances with Wolves
Silence of the Lambs
Aliens
Saving Private Ryan
We Were Soldiers
Thunderheart
Léon
Edward Scissorhands
The Nightmare Before Christmas
The Doors
Lord of the Rings
(Trilogy)

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Originally Posted by Ash_Lee
Could someone define Flabbergasted to me. It sounds too much like a medical term...

adjective: as if struck dumb with astonishment and surprise

Shawshank Redemption
Contact
Dances with Wolves

I'm sure I'll think of more

The Emperor of Ice Cream
Shawshank Redemption indeed.