Fantasy Baseball

Tools    

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Yes, it works fine now. I've got my picks all ordered up and ready to go. I just went through a live mock draft. I'm not sure about the one coming up though. Either my wife or I have to pick up my daughter at one event and take her to another sometime during that draft, so we'll see.

Cool beans. If you already have your pre draft lineup set then you you don't actually have to be there. The computer will select whichever player is available at the time for you. The only nice thing about being there live I guess is in case you get a wild hair or something and decide to take someone else you know? OK buddy, maybe I'll see you there.

A system of cells interlinked
I am in the draft. I am also dealing with some comp issues, and can't seem to be able to scroll to the chat in the draft.

I am working on the issues, but I might be silent drafter today...

Yeah, I kinda suck. I'm sorry guys; really long night playing poker, and a headache this morning, and I didn't realize it'd started until it was too late. I did fiddle with the draft rankings the other day and rather like my team, at least so far.

Wish I'd been able to be there, though. Drafting is often as fun as anything else in the season, so I'm kinda bummed that I missed it.

Hope we can do a lot of trading this year.

Your team is built for speed Yoda. I wanted Jimmy Rollins so bad. This is going to be a lot of fun. My friends are excited. I probaly have the best team!

Oh yeah...my steals are looking absurd. Might have to unload a little of that for some pitching or something.

Man, looking over the draft results, actually being there could have been a big advantage, because people got some crazy steals (how many people were drafint live, by the way?). 'Course, with 10 teams instead of 12 all the teams are going to look pretty stacked.

I was watching ESPN and they said most leagues are 10. If you want to unload some of that speed I could use it. I will take a look and see if a trade is possible.

I'll have a look at your roster, too. I'll probably want to hold off just a tad until I have a slightly better idea of what I have, but yeah, I wouldn't mind us all going a little trade-crazy. We were all hyper-careful in football, which was still fun, but I think with the depth in baseball, we should be able to let loose a bit.

I am pretty clueless about Fantasy Baseball, as I am sure you can tell by my draft.

Why did A-Rod plummet so much? A ranking list I had had him ranked fifth overall, and yet he went in the fourth round.

I am pretty unsure how all this works. How does pitching work? They don't play much. What should my bench look like? I really have absolutely no clue about FBB.

Pitching works like hitting in that the pitchers amass stats in different categories.

Really, the one big change from fantasy baseball to fantasy football (in this instance, at least) is that stats don't get converted into points. Which means if you're weak on home runs, you can't make up the difference in pitcher strikeouts. Each category is a game unto itself; most home runs is a win, fewer strikeouts a loss, etc. In football if your kicker has a bad day, your QB might pick up the slack, but here you're forced to construct a balanced team.

Pitching is a little different in hitting in that you need a minimum number of innings each week...but this is just so that you can't have a closer pitch a scoreless 9th, then bench everyone so you automatically win the ERA and WHIP categories with 0.00. That kinda thing.

Sedai your team looks pretty solid. I would probably drop someone(batting) and pick up another pitcher. Probably middle relief or another closer. You set a lineup day to day usually in regards to what you need that week(avg,wins,saves,etc). For instance if you already are winning the category pitching wins by 2 and the other team only has one starting pitcher left for the week, you would probably put reliever's in your p spots(if needed) to try and keep your era and whip down(or get saves/holds). There are many ways to manipulate your lineup day to day. You should be able to figure it out after the first week. You should pay attention to everyone's match ups the first week to see the pros/cons of decisions they have made.

Yeah, the category thing really changes things, and forces you to think about your entire roster, since pitchers can't really pick up the slack for hitters, and vice-versa. Of course, if you dominate hitting you'll win about half the categories, but you really can't kill someone in a given week without both.

Anyway, lots of roster moves so far. Glad to see everyone getting into it right off the bat. And yeah, really glad I could pick up Gregg. My auto-drafted team mirrored my own philosophy of skimping on saves (for the most part) and hoping I nab a waiver wire gem at some point, and I think Gregg could be it. We'll see.

Funnily enough, Sedai and I are squaring off in the first week, just like we did in MoFo Fantasy Football. I think we might have been the first two to signup each time, though, so that might 'splain it.

Getting excited for opening day! My team's practically emanating radiation.