SyFy's Face Off

Tools    

Not sure if anyone watches this, but the SyFy Channel has a program called Face Off,a competition series that explores the work of special-effects makeup artists. It's a very interesting program if you are into special effects and makeup in the film making and entertainment industry.

The main reason though I have started this thread is because my niece has been accepted, and she will be featured in the show's upcoming new season.

Some of her work...

She also did her sister in makeup...

Before:

After:

Cool, what's her name? We'll root for her!

My wife and I love this show. We've seen every season other than the first, and I'm kind of surprised at how watchable it remains. It helps that it doesn't go too overboard with the usual reality TV tropes. The contestants do very little bickering or fighting and even help each other a lot. And it's really impressive how often the most talented people do, in fact, make it to the end. The whole thing feels like a genuine test of skill and way less contrived than most reality TV shows.

That, and it's cool that they do more than one season a year! There's usually only a few months out of the year where it isn't going on.

If it's episode contingent, does that mean she's one of the models or assistants, or is the structure going to be different? Because usually all the contestants are present from the beginning, so if she's one of them she'd be on the first episode (and then however many she lasts), yeah?

I don't know exactly the details. Most likely she'll be on from the first episode if she's a contestant. If she's assisting one of the contestants that's a different story. She just told me and my family she's gonna be on the upcoming next season. Nothing further.
I will let you guys know what I find out when I find it out.

I saw it on the telly and thought it was going to be the Nicolas Cage movie :'(

I talked to Emily this morning. She said in her last interview last month with the producers of the show that they told her she is very very talented, but she's too "dry and dull" they said. They want drama and excitement and Emily told them she isn't that kind of person and won't lie and exaggerate herself so they turned her down. Even though she is as talented as she is. Which is a shame.

Ah. Sorry to hear that. Would've been cool to root for her.

That's also kind of surprising, because one of the things I like most about FaceOff is how, as mentioned above, it really doesn't manufacture drama the way a lot of other reality shows do. But even so, I guess there's some base level they want, even if it's a lot less pronounced than other shows.