scarface...pacinos,finest on screen performance..yes/no.

Tools    

As there's now over a dozen responses from people which have generally been the same, I think it's safe to say the answer to the original question is a solid, undeniable NO.

As much as like Scarface, I definitely wouldn't call it Pacino's finest performance.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Scent of a Woman imo. Followed closely by Godfather 1/2 and Serpico.

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
Definitely not, sorry.

Scent of a Woman and Donnie Brasco are my faves.

While I think Pacino is laughably bad in Scarface, he's only marginally better in Scent of a Woman. Al at his hammiest. *ICK*
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The film's ok, I liked it, but best Pacino performance?

Donnie Brasco, Serpico, Godfather I & II, Dog Day Afternoon, The Merchant Of Venice, Frankie & Johhny, Glengarry Glen Ross, Cruising. I'd put any and all of those above Scent Of A Woman and there's a few others that I may also put above it, including Scarface.

I don't remember asking you a ******* thing!
I'll have to say no on his Scarface performance. His accent was too unbelievable for me. Now The Godfather (1 and 2), Scent of a Woman, and Serpico on the other hand...he deserves more credit for those when it comes to acting.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Besides the ones mentioned as his better ones so far, I really loved him in Donnie Brasco. That performance seemed pretty damned honest and complex and Lefty was almost tragic in a Shakespearean manner. I can't really see anybody caring what happens to Tony Montana.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Really? Are you two Hoo-Haa-ing serious?
That is an affirmative Honeykid. Also I forgot Donnie Brasco.