THE MOFO CHILL CLUB

Tools    

If somebody makes fun of something I like just for the sake of making a funny joke, I don't mind at all. If it is just to hurt me or make me feel bad then yes, it would bother me.
Well, when he/she does it, does it bother you? It doesnt matter if being bothered makes sense or not, if it does it does. If it doesnt then youre probably ok. Btw, I have no idea what Im talking about

Well, when he/she does it, does it bother you? It doesnt matter if being bothered makes sense or not, if it does it does. If it doesnt then youre probably ok. Btw I have no idea what Im talking about
Man, I'm not seeing anyone so I don't know. But just as an example, when my friend makes fun of me it doesn't bother me because he is really funny.

Most of your post makes no sense to me.

How important is it to you that your significant other has similar taste to you?
Music and movies are pretty important to me, so I'd probably take it into pretty big consideration. Just how important of an issue it would be I think it would really depend on how drastically different the tastes are and also on how willing the other person would be to give what I like a chance.

I'd rank overall personality, political views, and how they feel about my pets as more important than taste.

Aphex: If someone makes fun of another person's taste in music etc. I think it's just very immature. Of course if it's just as a joke then that's fine. But if it's mean spirited, why would you even be together with such a person? My boyfriend and I do share taste in some things, but of course not everything. But we don't make fun of each other. It sounds pointless to do so.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Music and movies are pretty important to me, so I'd probably take it into pretty big consideration.
Joaquin Phoenix hater wouldn't even be taken into consideration, right?
I'd rank overall personality, political views, and how they feel about my pets as more important than taste.
Political views is something I wouldn't care about, but then again I'd rather be with somebody who doesn't care about politics just like me, so all in all it would matter, paradoxically! Personality is a must, of course. I don't have pets, so this point does not apply to me. But of course I couldn't be with a doggone plebian listenin' to radio pop and watching Transformers, or somebody who hates my loveliest movies by Tarkovsky, Bergman and Tarr. Somebody who doesn't know these geniuses wouldn't be taken seriously and would be considered a lower human being, as well. Besides, a girl not listening to at least 20 bands/artists I love is an instant turn off, as well. Any girl I would rate below 8 on a 10-step scale is an instant no, too. And mind you this scale rates both her looks and her personality. Only a girl with a double 10 is a possible wife material. Any other should be eternally grateful I even want to speak to her. Yeah, I still don't have a girlfriend and wondering why.

Joaquin Phoenix hater wouldn't even be taken into consideration, right?
It would depend on how respectful they are of my fanhood.

Political views is something I wouldn't care about
When I say "political views," basically I mean if someone's a homophobe, a racist, or a religious zealot, it's a dealbreaker for me. Actually, being a Trump supporter would probably be a dealbreaker too.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Oh, this. Personally, I'm a heterophobe and unreligious zealot. I'm not too racist, I prefer to take it easy and just stroll.

My Dad and my brother make fun of me sometimes, and it's really annoying and ignorant. But I was talking to someone about it and they made me realise something that I never thought of before. It has to do with their insecurities. So I think now I'm trying to look past the insults to why they do it and empathise with them. I know they love me and they aren't doing it because they hate me, it's just they feel so crappy about themselves that they try to bring me down sometimes to elevate themselves.

I do it to other people too. I get mad at people for having what I perceive to be bad taste, and I criticise them for it. And it's like... why do I do it? Why do I care if other people don't share my taste, or have what I consider inferior taste or undeveloped taste? It's like I have a desire to force other people to change. And sometimes I catch myself just imposing my current level of understanding as if I've always had that level of understanding even though I just acquired it...

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Something's been on my mind for the last couple of days and I would really like to hear what you guys have to say about this. How important is it to you that your significant other has similar taste to you? I always thought of how great it would be to meet somebody who likes the same music and the same films that I enjoy. Sometimes I feel like it wouldn't matter but I can't imagine going out with someone who likes Nickelback for example...

It just depends on what's really important to you. Hubby and I have very different tastes in music. He likes hard rock and heavy metal, but I like country, easy listening and showtunes. We compromise when we're in the car, and we listen to soft rock.

For movies, he likes action movies, like Die Hard and Lethal Weapon, but I like musicals and rom-coms, but when we sit down to watch a movie, we try to find movies that we can both enjoy. I started watching the superhero movies because of him, and I've enjoyed many of them, including the X-Men movies, the Avengers movies, etc. Some of them have become favorite movies for me. He started watching some animated movies because of me, and he likes some of those, including the Despicable Me movies, Wreck-It-Ralph, and many of the Pixar movies.

We watch a lot of TV shows together, but there are some shows that I like that he has no interest in, so I watch those without him, and he loves WWE, so he watches wrestling without me.

It's all about respecting each others differences, and learning to compromise. When we go out, there are lots of things that we enjoy doing together, so we spend most of our time together. I go places that he likes because they're his interests, and he does the same for me. We recently celebrated our 17th anniversary, and even though we have our differences, we're still best friends.

I love your new avatar, Swan

I want a full version.

M'lady, you have got to be inhaling the fumes of that evil substance, not very nice!

- MC Ride in the 1800's tho