Movies you couldn't even finish.

Tools    

⬆️ I love Arrival.
The entering of the craft and how it has its own gravity controls internally was pretty cool. But many things about this movie really irk me. So much so that I had second thoughts about Approaching the Unknown and decided yeah, I will see it again before I see Arrival. But hey maybe Im too picky.

Atrocious movie. Did something I almost never do & threw it out. Twice I’ve tried to get into this movie & it’s impossible. Even Christie couldn’t save it.
I liked this movie...I thought Christie and Nolte were amazing. Here's a link to my review:

https://www.movieforums.com/reviews/...afterglow.html

I rarely turn off a movie or walk out of the theater despite how bad the film may be but have on a few. Probably one of the 10 worst movies I couldn't finish was 'Tarzan, the Ape Man.' Pure agony.

I (along with 3 other people) quit on Asteroid City. Got about 10 minutes in. Never watched The French Dispatch but genuinely loved The Grand Budapest Hotel. Apparently Wes Anderson finally got lost up his own ass.

Tried out Skinamarink yesterday, and couldn't make it to the end. Well, I guess I'm gonna finish that one sometime, as I don't normally leave my movies half-watched.

Heard many good things, but it just wasn't my type of movie after about an hour, so another hour+ didn't seem worth it.

Still in a coma with this one.

I either do or don’t like Wahlberg’s movies & this one I didn’t.

The new Schrader was that bad?
Strange movie, no clue where it was going & not interested in finding out.

I (along with 3 other people) quit on Asteroid City. Got about 10 minutes in. Never watched The French Dispatch but genuinely loved The Grand Budapest Hotel. Apparently Wes Anderson finally got lost up his own ass.
Just couldn’t make it to the finish line. Amazing how a writer & director can waste the talents of a huge ensemble of great actors.

Yeah, it was kind of messy, conceptually. Peele is creative, but sometimes a little to clever for his own good.

I think the film that he should have made was the bit about the chimpanzee.
I enjoyed Nope, but the chimpanzee scenes were definitely the best and scariest. I think the movie works, but it's a step backwards from Get Out and Us, both top tier movies.

Nope's main weakness is right as the movie should be wrapping up, they essentially stop everything, carefully explain what's happening to the audience, and restart the movie as an action/adventure film for 30-40 minutes, constantly showing the monster in camera.

This was a bad choice. Peele tried way too hard to make an effective horror movie and turn it into a Spielburg film.

It's still fine, but disappointing. B-

Tried again. Opening scenes are good, but that’s it. Still can’t finish this movie.

Hong Kong action film buff.
Movies I couldn't finish (but then finished)

-The Big Boss
-Operation Condor: Armour of God II
-The Young Master

Books I couldn't finish

-Conspiracy 365 (March) - Bored, okay? I'll restart it eventaully
-Dork Diaries (HORRIBLE!!)

-Movies I could not finish

Vanguard (2020) Another basic Jackie Chan film

Pearl Harbor with Ben Affleck. So bad people walking out got passes from the theater manager to return another day to see something else.

Mr. and Mrs Smith. Another walk-out stinker.

Pearl Harbor with Ben Affleck. So bad people walking out got passes from the theater manager to return another day to see something else.

Mr. and Mrs Smith. Another walk-out stinker.
Pearl Harbor got terrible reviews when it came out

Best reviewers I know are studio electricians before the flick is even released.
Some come into a local tavern we frequent and mid- production they'll always call it right if the movies is going to be good or not.