Movies you couldn't even finish.

Tools    

"Reefer Madness" is so much camp fun, even after all these decades. When filmed, this was promoted as a propaganda film. A damn horrible one. But today, it's cute.
The musical remake that I tried to watch doesn't do much in reefers favor IMO. Maybe that was the point, to turn off certain folk.

Tom Hanks very good, but a very predictable & formulaic movie. I didn’t believe in any of the characters & of course he befriends the cat.

First time seeing Fraser in a movie. His prosthetics were excellent & he was very good in his rôle, but, by the time Morton entered the movie I was bored stiff.

First time seeing Fraser in a movie. His prosthetics were excellent & he was very good in his rôle, but, by the time Morton entered the movie I was bored stiff.
Try "Encino Man" or "The Mummy" series or "Airheads" or "Bedazzled". I'm quite tired of his movies because when I was a teen my mum would watch him too often.

List the movies you couldn't even finish and why.

Marci X - Lisa Kudrow did a rap about designer purses
Idle Hands - I realized it was about a posessed hand
Inspector Gadget - It was too damn boring

I recently bailed on Dungeons and Dragons. It was so incredibly boring and flat. Not funny at all.

Get Him to the Greek (2010)

Seemed alright for a good run and then there were multiple 'up the ass' gags that make you go damn and I was enjoying this one. I skipped ahead through the 'ass dildo' sex scene and the party scene was pretty funny and everything was cool until a threesome scene between the costars and a girl and skipped through that, got towards the end, everything was cool again and then to the ending concert scene, RB was doing more parody stuff sounded like early 2000s pop rock where the song is called 'I'm going up' but it sounds like he's singing 'I'm coming out' which is funny in itself but really, and then I skipped through the extended sappy ending to the aftershow, a parody 'storytellers' episode where he does Oasis and Weird Al simultaneously. Throughout the movie theres tons of name dropping and tons of nods and shoutouts to other movies, many of them music flicks. At first looks like Entertainment Weekly. I'm not adding this to my collection or seeing it again. Cut out all the ass stuff and hey you got a movie most everyone would like. I guess you could say this movie accurately depicts what living in Hollywood is like.

I lasted about 20 minutes into Cronenberg's Crimes of the Future---somehow his student film of the same name was more tolerable to me. I just thought the acting/dialogue were stiff, and the music was rather irritating.

Aspiring Movie Critic
Most recently:
Ong-Bak Warrior. the action is great but the movie lacks direction, the acting is less-than deplorable, the main character an aimless idiot who gets taken advantage of repeatedly yet makes little to change his predicament other than do what others tell him to. I really wanted to love it, but i just couldn't finish it
The Super Mario Bros. Movie. too childish, filled to the brim with elements of current pop-culture which have little to no connection to the Mario franchise whatsoever, the voice acting is...bizarre, all in all it really didn't feel like a Mario
Star Wars Attack of the Clones. I understand that some people like this franchise, but i found Lucas' editing choices to be just plain bizarre, the acting is stiff and the dialogue is abysmal. the movie felt like it was dragging forever, which made me lose interest in the saga as a whole

I think the person I was with fell asleep to Nope in the theater

The Super Mario Bros. Movie. too childish, filled to the brim with elements of current pop-culture which have little to no connection to the Mario franchise whatsoever, the voice acting is...bizarre, all in all it really didn't feel like a Mario
I agree with your criticisms, but as a Mario fan, didn't you want to at least stick it out for nostalgic reasons?

Aspiring Movie Critic

I agree with your criticisms, but as a Mario fan, didn't you want to at least stick it out for nostalgic reasons?
tbh, apart from Mario kart 8D, i don't have any particular attachment to the Mario franchise or character. I also think that, had the people behind the movie "tried harder" instead of playing it safe, it could've been a more enjoyable movie. I'm not the type of person to get hype if i see small nudges and references if they're obviously added only for the sake of "hey guys y'all remember this? this is from mario something something game, remember? omg theres the guy who did the voice of mario in the movie, that means it's ok for us to do what were doing". it feels shallow and more of a marketing movie than actual respect towards the material they're adapting, but thats just me

I really liked this movie, but I know there's a lot of hate out there for it.
I don't get offended anymore, I simply turn off what I don't want to see.

There's thousands of movies ready and available for immediate streaming, it isn't like you go to the rental store and spend half an hour to pick a few movies and take them home. It's almost as easy as changing channels on your TV. Much less investment of time and energy than before. The selection, speed and quality is unfathomable to someone who goes to Blockbuster in 1991. So you picked a movie you didn't like, big deal.

If someone continues to watch something they aren't enjoying well then, I don't know what to say.

Quite certain I fell asleep in my bedroom watching it.

I don't think it was as bad as Us
I bailed out of Us also.

Tom Hanks very good, but a very predictable & formulaic movie. I didn’t believe in any of the characters & of course he befriends the cat.

This is a kind of new sub-genre, particular to Mr. Hanks. Tom acts with a volleyball, a robot, pets. He's the anti-Madea -- instead of playing everyone, he just plays off of inanimate objects, animals, and robots. It's a great way to ensure that you're the center of attention in hopes of snagging an Oscar. Me-me-me-me-me-me!

I don’t do well with Jordan Peele movies. This one is a hot mess IMO.

So, you got partway through and said.... ....nope?

If someone continues to watch something they aren't enjoying well then, I don't know what to say.

Sometimes it takes a while to understand what a film is attempting to do. We have to adjust to its speed or tone or eccentricities before we can appreciate it. Otherwise, our tastes remain stagnant and boring if we don't challenge them. Some people are fine with this, and good for them, but I'm not. Films deserve more than that.

I would claim that at least half of the movies I would consider the best of all time, I initially hated or couldn't get into or was confused by in the first hour. But by sticking with it, they paid off. There is something to be said for humbling one self by watching things that don't immediately entertain or enlighten. Instead of constantly just glutting out on what we already know we will like. To me, only watching things I love sounds like an absolute bore.

And, FTR, even in instances when a film doesn't pay off and you still hate it, there is lots to learn from what one doesn't like. We understand the things we do like better by watching things we find to be terrible. It's what builds critical thinking (I know, I know, who cares about that these days)

In short, it's called curiosity and being inquisitive about the things we like. If one is a fan of films, it isn't hard to understand why one isn't always just looking for immediate gratification and might want to stray into unfamiliar waters. It pays off in the end.