What does everyone think of this idea?

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I thought the Favorite Movie Star List had a lot of potential, but several people, including myself, have expressed that they were upset that the list was rushed, and they left people off of their lists, or in some cases, they didn't even get to submit. Several people, including myself, missed most, or all, of the results as well, so we didn't get the comments and discussion that we would have liked.

I was thinking about rerunning the same list that SC just ran, (the movie stars list), but giving people until about Jan 1st to submit their lists. That would give people time to think about their lists, and get them the way they want them. Then I would calculate the results, and rerun the same list, but with the results revealed at a normal pace, of only one or two results per day, so people would have time to discuss them this time around.

I thought it would be interesting to see how different the results would be if people had time to think about their lists, and people would enjoy the time to make comments and discuss the results. They could even use his original thread as a reference to make sure that they don't leave anyone off of their lists this time.

What do you think about this idea?

I like your idea! It would be interesting to compare the results. Besides I forgot Paul Newman!

And you could define the list anyway you want. Leave it open like SC did. Make it just our favorite stars. Or make it greatest actors.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I really like it and it would be fun for comparisons sake. I'm guessing the bottom half would look much different but the top would be somewhat the same.

It's also good for people who were busy that day. I got to sneak in a couple of times and caught the tail end when I got home, but I would like to discuss the actors work and why I felt compelled to vote for them.

Besides if Citizen Rules plays maybe we can get Thelma Ritter on the list this time.

That's fine.

I'm surprised you wanna give a deadline of January 1st. Except for my own countdowns, that's rather quick. Anyone else would have come up with a deadline of December 1st, 2026.

I would be in. One thing I mentioned during Sexy's list which might broaden the pool, is have people send you more than 25. There might be more crossover, but it could also make where you rank them mean even more. Just a thought.

Considering how much I enjoyed the countdown and how cool the whole experience was it's a shame that SC has been criticized so much. I screwed up my list royally, but still enjoyed the countdown and thought it was well run. There is no RIGHT way to run one of these things although I can certainly understand the frustration of missing the reveal. I am interested in a new countdown though, and this time I'm just going with my favourite actor/actresses instead of who I think are the best. Please confirm if this is going to take place. I'm definitely interested.

I've never run one of these lists, so I'm open to suggestions about the deadline, the number of entries per list, and any tips that people with list experience can give me.

I think the list should be open to each individual person's interpretation. Personally, I like it to be my favorite stars, but if you would prefer it to be the greatest stars, or even some combination of the two, that would be okay too.

I just want everyone to have fun with the list, both making their own list for submission, and the discussion during the results.

I've never run one of these lists, so I'm open to suggestions about the deadline, the number of entries per list, and any tips that people with list experience can give me.

I think the list should be open to each individual person's interpretation. Personally, I like it to be my favorite stars, but if you would prefer it to be the greatest stars, or even some combination of the two, that would be okay too.

I just want everyone to have fun with the list, both making their own list for submission, and the discussion during the results.
I think at the end of the day it doesn't matter if it's your favourites or greatest or even a mixture as long as you are clear about the criteria from the beginning.

Eh, I'm fine with the actors list that's already been done. I can see revisiting it with a more workable deadline sometime next year or the year after, but not right now.

Besides that, once the Animation Countdown is underway, people are going to be focusing on the 60s list and it's really not a good idea to have multiple lists going at once.

Maybe you should do a different kind of countdown, GB.

Someone did express interest in a director's countdown to me - yesterday. I don't find that idea so hot, but maybe others would.

In terms of greatest vs. favorites, I would let each person decide for themselves how they want to do their individual list. I think it would make the comments more interesting during the results because people could explain why they chose that person.

If everyone is interested in this, then it would be my first list here, so feel free to make suggestions and/or comments.

Would everyone be okay with January 1st as the deadline for submissions, or would you like a little more time because of the holidays? I could set a deadline of Jan 10th, 15th or even the 31st if that would be better for everyone.

I liked SC's countdown, I said so and thanked him for the work. But there's nothing wrong with having a reboot of it. I think we are all smart enough to both handle the 60s list and a reboot list. I say go for it!

In terms of greatest vs. favorites, I would let each person decide for themselves how they want to do their individual list. I think it would make the comments more interesting during the results because people could explain why they chose that person.

If everyone is interested in this, then it would be my first list here, so feel free to make suggestions and/or comments.

Would everyone be okay with January 1st as the deadline for submissions, or would you like a little more time because of the holidays? I could set a deadline of Jan 10th, 15th or even the 31st if that would be better for everyone.
The earlier the better for me. I would love to have one of these things once a week.

Eh, I'm fine with the actors list that's already been done. I can see revisiting it with a more workable deadline sometime next year or the year after, but not right now.

Besides that, once the Animation Countdown is underway, people are going to be focusing on the 60s list and it's really not a good idea to have multiple lists going at once.

I could push this off until after the animation countdown is done. There's no rush for it. It's just an idea right now because several people have mentioned that they were upset that they missed this list.

Maybe you should do a different kind of countdown, GB.

Someone did express interest in a director's countdown to me - yesterday. I don't find that idea so hot, but maybe others would.

I'm probably not the best person to do a director's countdown. I rarely choose a movie based on the director.

I don't like it. No point in running the same list twice + the fact that Sexy did it so quickly and didn't take it so seriously was what made it fun for me, it's precisely why I was so active in that thread.

I could push this off until after the animation countdown is done. There's no rush for it. It's just an idea right now because several people have mentioned that they were upset that they missed this list.
Once the animation countdown is done, people will be focusing on their sixties ballots. You'll get better results if you're not competing for people's attention. You'll also get more participation if people aren't voting for something they've just voted for.