What Critically Bashed Films Do You Like?

Tools    

Heaven's Gate
Last Action Hero
Steven Spielberg's 1941
Highlander 2
Cruising
Year of the Dragon
North
Alexander

Highlander 2
Cruising

The Happening was pretty much universally ignored but I loved it......as for Catwoman, it was on TV the other day and that truly is awful

I quite liked The Happening. It's not a good film andthe acting is dreadfu, for which I blame the director completely but, despite that, I did like it.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Alexander
Starship Troopers
Commando

just three that come to mind immediately.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

A system of cells interlinked
Because he directed the actors, watched the viewfinder for a good performance, and then told his crew it was good and that they should put the scene in the "Finished and Good Stuff!" pile. That's his job.

As for some films:

Southland Tales

Starship Troopers

Inland Empire

Hey HK, why is Night M Shyamalan responsible for the bad acting? (Haven`t seen the movie by now)
What Sedai said.

If I'd not seen the actors before or do better elsewhere, then I'd assume (wrongly as it turns out) that those were the best performances Shyalaman could get from them. However, as I know that's not the case, then how can anyone else be to blame. I can only assume that he got what he wanted from them and that, IMO, was crap and didn't work at all.

Why did I like it or why do I blame the director for its failings?
Both and everything all at once.
I think I've answered why I blame the director above, so I'll leave that.

Why do I like the film regardless? Well, as I'm sure you've realised by now, things like acting and directing often aren't the deciding factor in whether I like a film or not. For the first two acts of The Happening I was having a good time, after a while I was even revelling in the appalling acting at times. I like disaster movies, apocalyptic movies. They appeal to me, so I guess that was part of the reason I was enjoying it.

Another reason would've been that I was expecting a bad film. The early screenings weren't good, the reviews were poor and the word of mouth was pitiful. In short, I knew what I was going into and I was looking forward to it. Lastly, though related to the last point, I'm not a fan of Shyalaman. His first two were great, after that I couldn't care less. He can't really disapoint me because I don't rate him.

The third act was horrible though, the old woman and the house. I was more than ready for it to be over when it finished but, overall, I had a good time. I've only seen it once, but I'd give it 5/10, though if I was rating for someone elses benefit, I'd probably give it 2/10 because it really is bad.

Return to Oz was never well-liked by critics, but I've always enjoyed it. It certainly has its flaws, but all in all the visuals and atmosphere just struck a chord in me.

I like these
yes man
Jersey Girl.
I am legend
starship troopers
butterfly effects
The Fountain (2006)
Speed racer - this movie is great imho
vanilla sky
The day earth stood still, remake
and gonna add the gamer (27 on metacritic). that movie is fascinating to me and well cast roles too in some parts. some of the futuristic scenes were highly creative.

Harsh Times 36 top critics on rottentomatoes. that movie is harsh but very good.

adding last action hero thanks to this thread. movie actually good, i was surprised.

Vanilla Sky... I'd say it's in my top 10 favourite films. However, I am still waiting to buy Abre Los Ojos. So I might end up preferring the original.

"The Fountain"
("The box office performance was considered a flop since the film only earned back 54% of its budget")

Pretty complex.But you understand everything the 2nd time you watch it.
This movie has a deepness/power to it that is rarely achieved in movies imo...
I especially love the subconcious/spiritual reality in the film,where the main character Hugh Jackman is floating in space in his bubble...seems soooo far away

Land of the Lost! Just saw it. What did critics expect? It is what it is.....HILARIOUS!! Danny McBride can do no wrong, he is batting 1.000 in my book.