Deliverance

→ in
Tools    

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I just rented this on DVD, I had never seen it before. And it was such a good movie. Anyone else think so? The plot is pretty much the same as in Very Bad Things, except Very Bad Things is a little more dark. But I loved Delieverance. The plot was great. The acting was great. Those hillbillies were pretty believeable...

"Hes sure got a perty mouth."

I've only seen parts of this movie - up to the, uh, "disturbing" part. Never saw beyond that - I think it was getting late and I/we just never got around to it. I'll definitely have to at some point though.

You look just like a little pig you know that? I bet you squeel like one too. Come on give us a little squeel. Squeel Og squeeeel!

j/k
I loved that movie. You know that piggy part was supposed too have really happened.

Didn't see it.
It was a good movie. Pretty bad scene though.

Yeah it was a good 'ol flick. They could have easily made a sequal to this movie. I wonder why they never made one?

How do you shoot yourself with an arrow?? Grrrrrr

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
He didn't shoot himself, it was in his quiver thing and it feel out and he basically fell into it. At least thats what I thought happened, because the other guy had an arrow through him...

I liked this film - I've given it to some friends of mine who are canoeing down the Amazon this summer - they weren't grateful!

LOL! Man, you are a mean one.

I've never felt as much suspense as I did watching that infamous scene. I wanted the film to cut away so bad. And it never did. Damn you John Boorman, damn you to hell.

Great film. Full of great scenes. How about the duelling banjos? How scary were those in-breds?

I always had a strange affinity for those country bumpkins. I thought they were innocent folk. Cletus from the Simpsons was a typical stereotype. I'll never look at them the same way again.

Cletus!

Hilarious!

"Some folks'll never lose a toe
And some folks'll
Like Cletus, the slack-jawed yokel"

Got to say I am a fan of John Boorman's DELIVERANCE. Moody and Atmospheric, beautifully shot with a real sense of time and place. The film unfolds gradually and contains some truly harrowing and haunting moments.

The script is essentially a multi layered charecter study and refletion on man vs nature. With a thriller style structure and realistic dialogue the cast are all outstanding. Good old Burt Reynolds without the use of a moustache is great as the supposed outdoors man. John Voight is also in top form but it is Ned Beatty who steals the show. Not only because of what he endures but how he conveys it onscreen.

The music and controlled cinematography allow you to be drawn into this classic story. Still powerful and still relevant this film packs a punch you wont soon forget.

I'm a fan of this film as well. It's probably more scary than any horror when all summed up together...although I'll say that the standout scene is probably the legendary "duelling banjos" contest between 'the fourth actor whose name I forgot' and the hick kid.

Rafting scenes are pretty good too.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
*bump*

I just watched this movie for the first time last night and I'm still trying to decide on it... which is better than just outright hating it. I found it to start off slow but they made up for it with all the water scenes... made me want to go white water rafting, mmmm...

I also really enjoyed the dueling banjos and "the scene" in the movie was a horrific train wreck.... so awful but yet I still couldn't turn away.

Now let's you just drop them pants...

Ash, Deliverance was one of theose movies that i had to wait a few years before a second veiwing It was, for its day, a very in your face subject.

Never saw it, but sounds scary.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by nebbit
It was, for its day, a very in your face subject.
Or, in Ned Beatty's case, an in your a........sorry phone's ringing.

Oh, man. That musta been great discovering this movie like that. Yeah, awesome flick.