The MoFo Top 100 of the 1970s: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

I expected both films to show up, have wanted to see both, but watched neither.

Quite a varied list so far. Three from my list have made it so far as well.
Yeah, we are a quarter of the way through and we have already had films from eight different countries, genres spanning Sci-Fi, Horror, Action, and Western, cult movies and classics, with films by Altman, Peckinpah, Polanski, Jodorowski, Ashby, Fassbinder, Carpenter, Bergman, Buñuel, Welles, Huston, and Scorsese. And that's the bottom of the list.

We did very well, collectively. Wait until you see the next seventy-four.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Hausu is a piece of crap if you ask me hahaha.

All the President's Men is a masterpiece, I love that movie. Non only is it telling a great true story, but also how can every police force can close their eyes on things they know for the sake of keeping subventions and to not shake things up, this movie shows the importance of great political journalism. I had it at #19

Hausu is a piece of crap if you ask me hahaha.

All the President's Men is a masterpiece, I love that movie. Non only is it telling a great true story, but also how can every police force can close their eyes on things they know for the sake of keeping subventions and to not shake things up, this movie shows the importance of great political journalism. I had it at #19
I have not seen Hausu yet so I can't comment, but plus rep for All the President's Men.

The Adventure Starts Here!

This was largely a test to see if I could do an update, including the anchors on the first page, from a bar, with a slight buzz, from my phone. For clarification, I am the buzzing one, not my android.

Test successful.

*URP*
LOVE the T-shirt! (Did you see Monty Python Live last week? What a hoot!)

The People's Republic of Clogher
It's just struck me - Holden is Willie Rushton born anew.

LOVE the T-shirt! (Did you see Monty Python Live last week? What a hoot!)
I did not see the Python Live simulcast, because it conflicted with getting to the Queen concert (fronted by Adam Lambert, who was frippin' perfect, by the by). But, yesterday afternoon I did see Monty Python and the Holy Grail on the big screen. Thus my Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch T-shirt.

The week before, right as the list started, I saw Chinatown in the theater (again), and yesterday Holy Grail. I live this '70s list, my peeps.

"There are some who call me...Tim?

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	tim.jpg
Views:	510
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	16482  

Hopefully, Life of Brian makes it.

I watched All The Presidents Men a couple years ago. I expected it to be too topical to the events of Watergate to still be relevant today.

To my surprise the film works today, just like it did back in the 70s. If a movie tells a compelling story and doesn't insult the intelligences of the audience, then it will be timeless. All The Presidents Men wasn't on my list as I had forgot about it, but it's a good choice.

Exterminate all rational thought.
Crikey, of course I forget to log in yesterday and something from my list finally shows up. I had Mean Streets on my list, but I can't remember where. I think it was highish... I'll have to look when I get home form work here. Same for Hausu. I love both of these completely different films. Hausu is just insanity and I think it's awesome.

And for the record, The holy Grail is better than Life of Brian. Both are great, but The Holy Grail is much more laugh out loud funny. Both should make the list easily. Trust me, I'm an expert.

Crikey, of course I forget to log in yesterday and something from my list finally shows up. I had Mean Streets on my list, but I can't remember where. I think it was highish... I'll have to look when I get home form work here. Same for Hausu. I love both of these completely different films. Hausu is just insanity and I think it's awesome.
You had Hausu as your #19, and Mean Streets at #9.

All the President's Men is a good film no doubt and I didn't see Hausu

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
There should be zero.
I've only seen Monty Python and the Holy Grail and rated it
. Add me to the dislike camp!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.