Movies That Make Men Cry

Tools    

If I had a steak, I would f**k it!
I know guys like to pretend like movies never make them emotional. But guys like that are either lying or soulless. I feel like a lot of guys think it's "unmanly" to cry during movies, but it's really fine. If you really feel impacted by it, just cut loose, it's okay.

I've blogged about different movies that make men cry (at least I hope it's not just me!), but I'd rather not post the link here, as I'm not willing to disclose my identity at this time. But here's a list:

-The Green Mile
-Good Will Hunting
-Saving Private Ryan
-Stand By Me
-Dead Poets Society
-The Shawshank Redemption
-God's Not Dead (Yes, I know I'm in the Christian film watching minority here.)
-Courageous
-Toy Story 3
-The Passion of the Christ
-Hairspray (Just because John Travolta's fat woman is so embarrassing to watch.)
-Braveheart
-Rain Man
-Forrest Gump
-Up
-Gran Torino
-The Count of Monte Cristo
-Lord of the Rings trilogy
-The Godfather
-The Godfather Part II

And I've actually thought of a ton more since then. So, what do you think of this list. And what movies do you think would cause a manly man to well up?

Lord High Filmquisitor
I do not often cry durin movies, but there are some that just get to me. In particular, Schindler's List, The Hunger Games and A Christmas Carol (1999) always seem to do the trick.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
The most emotional I remember feeling from a movie was at the end of 12 Years a Slave with the baby, that was heavy.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
I cried in some movies due to very different reasons:

The Green Mile, Braveheart, La Vita è bella, Todo sobre mi madre due to the sadness of some scenes.

Interstellar, Once Upon a Time in the West, Inglorious Basterds, The Concert due to the intensity of some moments, especially when the soundtrack is helping.

and

2001: A Space Odissey just because it's genious.

What part of the first Godfather made you cry?

I Am Sam used to get to me really bad. I haven't seen it in a few years though. Having kids has made me cry much easier. I would be embarrassed to admit to some of the things that have made me well up the last few years.

If I had a steak, I would f**k it!
What part of the first Godfather made you cry?
I didn't necessarily cry. Just some parts got to me a little bit. Like when James Caan gets killed on his way to avenge his sister. Or when Marlon Brando dies playing with his grandson. Or how easily Al Pacino was taken in by the crime life when he had earlier said he never would.

The second one actually did make me cry, though, because of how much his life falls apart, and you know he brought it on himself.

liek if dis mak u crei evrytiem!
Is it really that difficult to put the letters in order?

OPie had some good ones, I'd definitely add Cinderella Man (particularly the scene where he tells his daughter he ate a dream steak and he's full).

Something about The Legend of Bagger Vance and the 'authentic swing' gets to me too. Also, Field of Dreams. I'm beginning to see that I have a soft spot for sappy sports flicks (including Jerry Maguire).

Watched Blue Valentine just a couple of hours ago, and that was the closest I've been to crying in at least half a decade

Is it really that difficult to put the letters in order?

OPie had some good ones, I'd definitely add Cinderella Man (particularly the scene where he tells his daughter he ate a dream steak and he's full).

Something about The Legend of Bagger Vance and the 'authentic swing' gets to me too. Also, Field of Dreams. I'm beginning to see that I have a soft spot for sappy sports flicks (including Jerry Maguire).
I could second everyone of these. Also in Cinderella Man, the part where he gives back the money to social services really nails me.

Kakarot89: The Infamous Thread Killer
Schindler's List and Dear Zachary. Those are the only ones that really come to mind.

My name's Bobby Peru, like the country.

Yall know what this is

Their assumption was that Jerry was already dead when I arrived, and I just nodded my head. What else could I tell them? "He had to do it, Officer, or else he would’ve turned into a worm-monster and been very unhappy."