The Sandlot

→ in
Tools    

If I had a steak, I would f**k it!
As you may have guessed from my username and avatar, I am a big fan of the sandlot. It's one of my favorite movies. It's about a boy named Scotty Smalls, who moves into a neighborhood where baseball is the common obsession. The leader of the sandlot team, Benny Rodriguez, invites him to play with him his friends and teaches him how to play. The only problem is that the sandlot is on the other side of a fence that holds a legend called "the Beast," a giant killer dog. A lot of the events in the movie just show the boys summer shenanigans, such as a boy pretending to drown to get a kiss from the incredibly hot life guard, the boys using the light from the 4th of July fireworks to play a night game, a game against their rivals, which they win, and chewing tobacco on a carnival ride, which causes them to barf.

The action doesn't really start, until they lose a baseball signed by Babe Ruth over the fence. The boys try all sorts of things to get it back, until Benny decides to suck it up and face the beast.
WARNING: "If you haven't seen this movie, reading this sentence will ruin it." spoilers below
He eventually gets the chewed-up ball back, and the dog's owner makes up for it by giving them a ball signed by all of the 1927 Yankees.

This was a very well done movie because it was not only about baseball, it was about the coming of age. This is made clear at the end, when an adult Scotty tells what happened to the rest of the boys when they grew up.

I thought it was a very entertaining film, although parents may want to preview it first. It contains mild profanity, a chewing tobacco scene, and some "scary" scenes that probably won't really scare anyone.

i haven't seen it Sandlot 1993 but try to watch..

but i liked The Greatest Game Ever Played 2005
October Sky 1999
Rebound 2005

The kid that told the story about the killer dog was done very well by such a young actor.
"He was really there"
Sharp kid for sure

I can't believe they tried to ruin the good name of the sandlot by making another one.

Ah the sequel was so intensely horrible.

But oh man if the original isn't amazing. Everything about it is just such a reflection of how awesome it is to be a kid.