Help build each others favorite movie list by connecting actors

Tools    

This game is kind of complicated. And includes preference as one the game mechanics so there's more to it than remembering or research. It's probably similar to games already posted.

I or someone will list 10 movies that I/they really like. Maybe will not be absolute favorites but will be favorites that can connect through actors. It can be the same actor or using co-stars. As long as they're favorites movie.

You try to connect a movie to that list through actors. You have to guess a movie that they like by looking on their list, or their profile listed top 10 movies, or what they say in other threads, or random guesses.

Basically you can try to figure out their taste in movies and make an educated guess attached to one on their list through an actor in common on it. They will confirm if they really like a movie you guess.* It doesn't have to be a huge favorite of theirs, they just have to like it pretty well.

Once they confirm they like one, try to guess another one off of that. Once you have three in a row off of their list you can post your own lists for others to build.

And they can repost the ones you added to their list to make a new expanded list if they want, so people can try to add to that.

You can make as many gueses off as many movies including the same movie on someone's list as you want.

You can try this on anyone that has a list even if someone else already worked on it including mine as long as you don't guess off of someone else's correct guess. No Stealing other people's progress. You have to start from the list.

It would be especially great if you can pick a movie at the beginning or end of a list to help the list grow without cutting off too much of the list that you're replacing the new movies with.

You can also guess a movie using the same actor they connected to a different movie on their list.

My next post will be in an example of how it works.

After that I'll post one or maybe a few list of mine to get people started.

Please note that this example only has some movies that I really like and the other ones are just ones that I think we're okay or good so don't count any one of them to help you build off my actual list.

Do it in this format. See a movie on their list and then next to it the movie that you are connecting it to.

So if their list is:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Merlin
Jurassic Park
Independence Day
I Am Legend
Predators
Matrix
Lord of the Rings Fellowship of the Ring
Armageddon
Die Hard

You can try

Merlin
Three Amigos

Merlin
Blade Runner

Merlin
Split Second

Merlin
Event Horizon

Jurassic Park
Star Wars The Last Jedi

Independence Day
I robot

And they might be like hey "I love The Three Amigos and I robot."

Then you could be like...

For: Three Amigos

National Lampoon's Vacation

Benchwarmers

City Slickers 2

Pink Panther

For: I Robot

Aladdin

And if they say they really like City Slickers 2 you have to find one more movie off of that. Maybe it's Home Alone, or Monsters Inc.

Soldier
The Hunted
Fugitive
Regarding Henry
Clear and Present Danger
Best of the Best
Batman Begins
Blind Fury
City Slickers
Three Amigos

Dune
Judge Dredd
Dreamscape
Enemy Mine
Toy Soldiers
Goonies
Lost Boys
Silver Bullet
Surviving the game
Buffy the Vampire Slayer

I think I need go on eBay to order a higher IQ -
the one I have now isn't letting me play this game, as enticing as it may seem.

I think I need go on eBay to order a higher IQ -
the one I have now isn't letting me play this game, as enticing as it may seem.
Yeah I probably make it sound more complicated than I was thinking it was. If my IQ was different maybe I could know how to simplify my description and keep the game the same.

well I started a new discussion that's probably more fun and a lot easier to figure out in the general discussion section

In that other post you just think of what character would be fun to put into another movie. No other rules.

And you can see what other people put and make observations of why that would be fun to watch.

Take a look at my movie list and think of the movie that I may like that has an actor in common with one of those movies. Tell me what it is. Or think of several. Just keep shooting in the dark until you get one I really with that actor in common with the list and it probably won't take long.

Once I tell you you found one you can think of actors in that movie and think of movies those actors were in and list those until you hit another I like.

Then one more time and then you can post your own list. It's basically a guessing game. If you can see a pattern or get a feel for what other people like then it can be an educated guessing game.

When you have a list up people have to guess what movies you would like that would be connected to the movies you told them that you like, connecting them through actors.

The Count of Monte Cristo
Frequency

Surviving the Game
Point Break

*batteries not included
The Pelican Brief

Explorers
Gattaca

The Hunted
The Fugitive

Soldier
Stargate

Wolf
Batman '89

Joe Somebody
Scream 4

Never Back Down
Gladiator

Blind Fury
Batman Begins

Frequency

Surviving the Game
Point Break

*batteries not included
The Pelican Brief

Explorers
Gattaca

The Hunted
The Fugitive

Soldier
Stargate

Wolf
Batman '89

Joe Somebody
Scream 4

Never Back Down
Gladiator

Blind Fury
Batman Begins
Well Blind Fury was already attached to Batman Begins. But it's cool that you thought of the same thing. Like in my new post under discussions about putting characters into other movies that would be an interesting one to try.

But as for the rest of them you definitely named some of my favorites on these ones. Frequency, Fugitive, Stargate, Batman 89. Most of the others I haven't seen but I probably would like if I did I'm guessing, lol.

Wait I did see the Pelican Brief but I don't remember it. Now I want to see it again I think I did like it.

Now you have four to work off of. For the next tier. And of course as you know you could do as many guests as you want off of those four.

Not that it matters now, but wait I think I did see Gladiator. And if I'm thinking of the right movie I may not have liked it because way too much crap happened to the main character without him getting enough revenge for it, lol. I bet that sounds a little weird.

If it's the movie I'm thinking of the bad guy should have had his junk lopped off, and bled to death from the wound to even things out. Ouch & Yuck! I can't believe I just said that.

Frequency

Surviving the Game
Point Break

*batteries not included
The Pelican Brief

Explorers
Gattaca

The Hunted
The Fugitive

Soldier
Stargate

Wolf
Batman '89

Joe Somebody
Scream 4

Never Back Down
Gladiator

Blind Fury
Batman Begins
Oops I just realized that a few of the ones you mentioned are literally from my profile favorites list.

Profile favorites list is a good place to look to get an idea of people's favorites as I said. But mostly play off the list of connected movies in this post for the game.

Which only gets rid of Batman 1989 to work with. The rest of them or either a off guess from this list or were a repeat from my profile 10. You might have been the smart thing and look at my favorites list but accidentally remembered a few of them as being in the list on this post that's connected by actors.

Even though they are favorites I didn't want to use people's profile tens because they typically won't be connected by actors.

I think... I just woke up in the middle of the night and it's 4:00 in the morning for me so I'm not fully thinking right now.

Then again I guess if you do find something on my list on here that's connected by actors to a movie I like that connects with one of those 10 it's an automatic right guess.

So if you can find a movie attached to one the two list I gave on here that has a common actor with wolf then you will have two in a row.

I think it will change up that profile favorite 10 list every once in awhile to give people some possibilities. Even if they have to guess a movie in between a list on here to connect to one on there first.

Oh wait you already found one that you can attach to Wolf from one of the ones that you mentioned that was attached to one of the ones in the list. Just name it and then from Wolf to Batman 89'

Didn't notice the 2 list, must have scrolled by too fast.

Dune
Candyman

Judge Dredd
Das Boot

Dreamscape
Innerspace

Enemy Mine
The Punisher '89

Toy Soldiers
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Goonies
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Lost Boys
Stand by Me

Silver Bullet
Lethal Weapon

Surviving the game
Sin City

Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Invasion of the Body Snatchers

Fugitive
Raiders of the Lost Ark

City Slickers
Young Guns

Three Amigos
Last Action Hero

Best of the Best
The Dark Knight

You already a mentioned three levels of connections so you can create a list as soon as you tell me what all three are since two of the connections you didn't link together but put them as separate.

You got from Soldier to Stargate. If you can connect Stargate to one of the other ones did you already did on your first list it will connect two of those to that and then you can do your own list.

Didn't notice the 2 list, must have scrolled by too fast.

Dune
Candyman

Judge Dredd
Das Boot

Dreamscape
Innerspace

Enemy Mine
The Punisher '89

Toy Soldiers
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Goonies
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Lost Boys
Stand by Me

Silver Bullet
Lethal Weapon

Surviving the game
Sin City

Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Invasion of the Body Snatchers

Fugitive
Raiders of the Lost Ark

City Slickers
Young Guns

Three Amigos
Last Action Hero

Best of the Best
The Dark Knight
Of the ones you didn't get right on this are also ones that I haven't seen again and I probably would like if I did.

Punisher, Lord of the Rings, Temple of Doom, Stand By Me, Lethal Weapon, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Last Action Hero, The Dark Knight.

Nice noticing the Dark Knight to Best of the Best.

This game is kind of complicated.

I or someone will list 10 movies that I/they really like.
  1. The Grand Budapest Hotel
  2. Hard Boiled
  3. Road to Perdition
  4. The Man from U.N.C.L.E.
  5. The Terminal
  6. Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World
  7. Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox
  8. Stranger Than Fiction
  9. The 13th Warrior
  10. Hidalgo

This game is kind of complicated.

I or someone will list 10 movies that I/they really like.
  1. The Grand Budapest Hotel
  2. Hard Boiled
  3. Road to Perdition
  4. The Man from U.N.C.L.E.
  5. The Terminal
  6. Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World
  7. Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox
  8. Stranger Than Fiction
  9. The 13th Warrior
  10. Hidalgo
Maybe me trying to get someone else's list will help others understand or be brave to also try.

= The Terminal =
Big
Castaway
Turner and Hooch
Forrest Gump

= Master and Commander... =
Lord of the Rings The Two Towers
The Quick and the Dead
Gladiator
Les Miserables
A Knight's Tale

= The 13th Warrior =
The Mask of Zorro
Desperado
Blade II
Underworld Evolution

= Hildago =
... you know what I'm just going to stick with Lord of the Rings from Master and Commander.

By the way here's my new list based on the ones you added...

Batman (1989)
Wolf
Stargate
Soldier
The Hunted
Fugitive
Regarding Henry
Clear and Present Danger
Best of the Best
Batman Begins
Blind Fury
City Slickers