Rate/Critique My Top 10 Best Films Of All Time

Tools    

1. 12 Angry Men
- Saw it once. Great acting but not one of my favorites.
2. Citizen Kane
- In my top ten.
3. Chinatown
- A bit slow for my taste. Polanski has only done one movie I ever REALLY liked - Repulsion.
4. The Godfather
- One of the best movies ever. A top 20 for sure
5. Raiders of The Lost Ark
- Agree that it is THE best action/adventure movie ever. I'll watch this at least once a year. Not in my top ten but probably in my top 20.
6. Psycho
- It's good and I'll watch it if it's on but it didn't even crack my top 25 horror films in the countdown.
7. Network
- Liked it when I saw it but haven't gone back to it.
8. Do The Right Thing
Spike Lee's best movie and one of the best films of the 80's. Would make my top ten of the 80's but not all time.
9. Glengarry Glen Ross
- More great acting, like 12 Angry Men, but not going to crack my top 100.
10. Dr. Strangelove
- My 2nd favorite movie ever. Watch it a couple times a year.

What the hell I'll do this too...

12 Angry Men
Director Sidney Lumet delivers his social message with a sledge hammer. My review
Citizen Kane
The only perfect movie I've ever seen!
Chinatown...I've not seen this, yet.
The Godfather
The first half is pretty good, the second half feels condensed, this really needed to be a mini series. My review
Raiders of The Lost Ark...seen it when it first came out, fun entertainment, I'd need to see it again to rate.
Psycho
One of Hitch's best. My review
Network
It starts out well but then Sidney Lumet has to do his trademark over the top bit. I think people love this for the social message. My review
Do The Right Thing...Not seen it
Glengarry Glen Ross...Not ever heard of it.
Dr. Strangelove...
Gets better with each viewing. My review
You really need to squeeze Glengarry Glen Ross onto your watchlist, Citizen...frankly, it's not your kind of film, but it does features some incredible performances.

You really need to squeeze Glengarry Glen Ross onto your watchlist, Citizen...frankly, it's not your kind of film, but it does features some incredible performances.
It looks good, I like the cast, especially Alec Baldwin who I suspect plays the bad guy. Alec makes a good sleazy bad guy.

Baldwin's role is a glorified cameo at the beginning of the film, though it ranks among Baldwin's most famous work...the meaty roles are played by Al Pacino, Jack Lemmon, Kevin Spacey, and Ed Harris.

Baldwin's role is a glorified cameo at the beginning of the film, though it ranks among Baldwin's most famous work...the meaty roles are played by Al Pacino, Jack Lemmon, Kevin Spacey, and Ed Harris.
Too bad Baldwin doesn't get more air time. But Al Pacino, Jack Lemmon, Kevin Spacey, and Ed Harris are all top favorite actors of mine.

1. 12 Angry Men 10/10 (In my top 20)
2. Citzen Kane 9/10
3. Chinatown 9/10
4. The Godfather 10/10 ( Also in my top 5 movies)
5. Raiders of The Lost Ark 7/10 ( Haven't seen it in a very long time,need to watch it again soon)
6. Psycho 8/10
7. Network 8/10
8. Do The Right Thing 7/10
9. Glengarry Glen Ross 9/10 ( Very underrated movie, i loved it)
10. Dr. Strangelove 8/10

Overall a pretty impressive list

4. The Godfather
Top 5 Films.

5. Raiders of The Lost Ark
Top 15 Films.

10. Dr. Strangelove
Top 5 Films.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I haven't seen Glengarry Glen Ross, but those other movies are all pretty good. The only one I put in my top 10 of those is 12 Angry Men.