Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Master of My Domain
a lot better then the empty Se7en, that was pretty much like CSI episode if not the final act..

Zodiac is better than Se7en but I love both.

I think people dont like the fact that Zodiac is more slow than Se7en

I will also say Se7en is much better, but Zodiac is definitely a solid piece of filmmaking! that said, I have yet to be captured completely by the latter. I feel like there is something missing everytime I watch it.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Interesting, I may look him up. Is his stuff hard to track down?
I would say to start with his records... I have them, and recorded them on to mp3 if you'd like them. I got into standup at 18, heard about Mort Sahl at 19, took me years to fully understand the act. You have to really know what's going on in the 50s, 60's - present to understand, and he's all improvisational, stream-of-consciousness, free associative, imaginative satire. Very anti-authoritative, non-conformist, cerebral...

He's also a HUGE film fan!

He still performs in an intimate small room in SF. You can go to his twitter page - www.twitter.com/mortsahlsays at 10pm ET every Thursday. All you need is the free app (Periscope) and you can see it. I actually record it to my computer, as it's the place I saw him live twice.

Here's a cool interview - https://www.popuparchive.com/collect...38/items/22247

2 minutes of standup -

I highly recommend checking out his interviews, text or audio.. The guy is my hero, I had to meet him.

P.S. - I saw that comedy documentary.. The narrator mentions him as the pioneer of standup comedy, and we see some video (muted audio), and there is a clip of Bill Hicks (only a 2 second video clip with no audio).

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
That's Not Funny - pretty good.. Too much emphasis on those who just cursed, shock, instead of some of the more real radicals in comedy. I take comedy very seriously (and not so seriously) because I also believe laughter is the best medicine, the best high, and also a path to the truth...

Southpaw (2015)
8/10
Once again, Jakey Jake delivers a fantastic performance which keeps you engaged and makes this movie pretty great despite the cliches. Also... it's pretty crazy how Jake changed his body so much in recent years. First Nightcrawler, now this...

Insurgent: 5/10. Watched this instead of The Impossible because I couldn't see the latter.

Also, I'm kind of a noob to this site, how can I put those five popcorn buckets that people use to rate a film?

I was thinking during the movie I was going to give it a 4. I was just hoping for a little bit more interview and insight. I had to go the full boat though. I enjoyed watching this like I was there. The music is incredible. When it was over I was a little sad until I reminded myself this was 40 years ago. Gotta give a movie 5 stars that makes me buy an album after since I only do that once or twice a year. Scorsese even manages to give us a couple visual flourishes. Great watch.

I was thinking during the movie I was going to give it a 4. I was just hoping for a little bit more interview and insight. I had to go the full boat though. I enjoyed watching this like I was there. The music is incredible. When it was over I was a little sad until I reminded myself this was 40 years ago. Gotta give a movie 5 stars that makes me buy an album after since I only do that once or twice a year. Scorsese even manages to give us a couple visual flourishes. Great watch.
I may have seen it as a kid but I need to rewatch that. I love love love The Band.