Zombieland

Tools    

I just got back from seeing this, and this movie was -bleepin- fantastic! I was primed on how good it was beforehand by everybody, but it actually still delivered. In its own way it was as good a zombie movie as the 2004 Zack Snyder Dawn Of The Dead. Just excellent pacing, and tone throughout. Woody was funny, but the director was the star of this. See this!

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
My girl paid for us to go yesterday. She wanted to see it sooo bad!

We all enjoyed it. I've heard some say it was better than Shawn of the Dead. I wouldn't agree but it was fun!

Well that's just crazytalk for anyone to suggest it's better than Shaun of the Dead, but it is a lot of fun.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I'm getting seriously bored with zombie movies. I've been into them for over twenty years now since I saw Romero's Dawn of the Dead, but recently it's been overkill with the amount getting released. There's only so many ways you can spin this theme out, and if I'm honest I think it's gotten stale. Zombieland does look like it's trying to be different, and feedback has been favourable, but it'll still just be a rental for me. I can't imagine it being as good as Fido or even Shaun of the Dead.

I'm getting seriously bored with zombie movies. I've been into them for over twenty years now since I saw Romero's Dawn of the Dead, but recently it's been overkill with the amount getting released. There's only so many ways you can spin this theme out, and if I'm honest I think it's gotten stale. Zombieland does look like it's trying to be different, and feedback has been favourable, but it'll still just be a rental for me. I can't imagine it being as good as Fido or even Shaun of the Dead.
See, and I thought other than some of the vintage newsreel stuff that Fido was pretty thin, that there was only enough material there for a decent twenty or thirty minute short but not a full feature. I found Zombieland much more enjoyable than Fido, for sure. Not the most inspired take on the material, but Zombieland is definitely straightforward action/comedy/zombie fun. And the Bill Murray cameo does rather make it something special and worth seeing.

But you know: to each their own.

I loved all three. Big surprise I reckon. Hey UF, have you seen Dead Girl? I wonder if that would blow your skirt up.

Never even heard of it. I'm not up to date on modern horror films at all. In fact I'm not up to date on modern films full stop. There are far too many gems from the 60's, 70's and 80's I've yet to discover, and they sure don't make them like they used to.

I didn't go see this movie, because I thought the trailer looked stupid

Is this a new genre? Comedy and Zombies - Zomedy? Either way I had a good time watching this. It is "sometimes" fun going into a film knowing that it is going to be "silly". I kinda like silly. If you like either Comedy or Zombies then you should like this movie. It does seem to side on the comedy aspect, but some good gore all the same. I loved the slowmo intro.

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
I loved all three. Big surprise I reckon. Hey UF, have you seen Dead Girl? I wonder if that would blow your skirt up.
Me too. I'm going to check out your Dead Girl. Thanks!

Movie Fan
Rule #1 Cardio
Rule #2 Buckle your seatbelt
Rule #3 Beware of Bathrooms
Rule #4 Check the backseat
Rule #5 Doubletap
Rule #6 Enjoy the little things

I really enjoyed it, and i was glad that it wasn't a downer, it was more fun than "Oh crap, the world is doomed" kind of movie.

And i loved the rules, lol

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
But how many zombie comedies were there in 2009?

Anyway.

Zombieland (2009, Ruben Fleischer)

Zombieland is a movie where individual scenes standout, but as a whole I really wasn't impressed with the film. There really is no explanation as to why the zombies have taken over the world, but that's never necessary in these types of films. Zombieland goes for comedy and certainly succeeds, but it isn't enough to sustain an already short 88 minute film. The premise is that in zombieland people can survive by following basic rules such as always double-tap your victims and check the back seats of cars before getting in. These will ensure survival, as it has with the film's two main protagonists Columbus (Jesse Eisenberg) and Tallahassee (Woody Harrelson). The two of them have sufficient chemistry together as Columbus survives by luck and following the rules as fleeing rabbit contrasting with Tallahassee's shotgun wielding badassness. It works. Harrelson has proven time and time again to be an excellent comedic actor with great timing and an amazing sense of snarling dry wit about him. Tallahassee may as well be Mickey Knox's distant and more subdued cousin. Anyway, the best thing about the film is when the two men, along with a couple of con artist females they tag up with, hide in Bill Murray's house for awhile. Bill Murray's cameo role is as good as any I've seen, including an excellent death scene.
I enjoyed the film but was not captivated by it. There's really no story. The action scenes are a bit boring, the zombies are uninteresting and card board cutout, and aside from the excellent acting I can say I was more involved with the drama within the "Left 4 Dead" videogames. Anywho zombie film lovers certainly shouldn't miss out on this though.

Grade: C+

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

I really like Jesse Eisenberg, but I just couldn't get by the trailers for this to get me to go and pay for it. I may get it out on DVD which seems to be the better choice after hearing reports from people I know who have seen it in the theater.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
I really like Jesse Eisenberg, but I just couldn't get by the trailers for this to get me to go and pay for it. I may get it out on DVD which seems to be the better choice after hearing reports from people I know who have seen it in the theater.

I think he was servicable. He was good in The Squid and the Whale, which you should watch if you haven't already. And yes I agree it's worth the rental. I wouldn't want to pay full price to watch it in the theater.

Are you guys kidding me?
Zombieland was one of the best thing that happened in 2009.

When I saw the trailer, I was expecting a cheesy zombie comedy, nothing new. I absolutely love Shaun of the Dead. But this movie turned out to be way better than my expectations..

This is a great movie to get together with your friends and drink over...

Noone should miss out on this movie just 'coz its a zombie movie. I made a friend watch this & he absolutely hates Zombie flick, Now he is the biggest fan of this one.

If you enjoyed Army of Darkness, then definitely watch it.

Welcome to the human race...
Didn't think much of it the first time around, will probably give it a second chance later tonight. Hopes aren't high, though. It just feels like one of those things I have every reason to like but just don't, like The Young Ones.