Movie Tab

Tools    

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan

The Punisher *1/2

Buuuurrrrrnn. I'm still seeing this today anyways though. I'm hoping that it's badness will make Kill Bill Vol. 2 later tonight, all the more enjoyable.

Gilda Radner:It's Always Something
Bad Boys
Training Day

Cabin Fever 2002, dir. Eli Roth
Bananas 1971, dir. Woody Allen

The Punisher - Not as bad as I thought it would be. Not very good though either. Has its good moments, but then has moments that make no sense whatsoever, and are never explained. Whatever.

Kill Bill Vol. 1 + Kill Bill Vol. 2 = Kill Bill Complete - I had a great day of movie watchin today. As a whole this is Tarantino at his absolute best, separate just two really, really good movies. They had better release this as one movie on DVD.

Originally Posted by projectMayhem
Kill Bill Vol. 1 + Kill Bill Vol. 2 = Kill Bill Complete - I had a great day of movie watchin today. As a whole this is Tarantino at his absolute best, separate just two really, really good movies. They had better release this as one movie on DVD.
It would be too big for one disc wouldn't it?

Anyway

Kill Bill Vol. 2 - Brilliant.

They could do it like the LOTR Extended Editions, and do it as one big box set.

Manhattan Murder Mystery (d. Woody Allen, 1993)

As many of you may have noticed by now, I'm currently in the midst of a huge Woody Allen "study" [so, in other words, I'm trying to see everything he's done]. I'm doing the same thing [though not in such an obsessed way] with Hitchcock and [to an even lesser extent] Godard at the same time, to balance everything out a little.

Manhattan Murder Mystery, though not one of Allen's best [out of the sixteen I've seen thus far, I've ranked it eleventh], is worth one of my rare comments. This film marked the first time that Allen's trademark neurosis annoyed me. His whining detracted completely from the excitement generated by the Diane Keaton character, Carol. Where in the other films it's always "appreciated" by the audience as a humorous sort of third-person commentary, one can't help but wish that in this film Larry would just shut up and let Carol go.

However, at the same time, the film's got a very interesting idea [which is very well explored, too] lurking underneath its surface. What happens when people begin to bored in their relationships? The entire plot is born of those opening moments in which Carol and Larry are revealed to be extremely different people with extremely different tastes [he watches the hockey, she takes him to the opera] and then from a later one in which Carol asks Larry if he thinks they'll grow bored with one another as they grow older. Though the mystery turns out to have its basis in some fact [that's not a spoiler], for a long while it's really just Carol's own creation. On more than one occasion she describes the mystery as the most interesting thing to have happened to her since marrying Larry. For me, this was the most interesting thing about the entire film.

Sure, it's a classic "murder mystery" that revels in the conventions of the genre, but it's also an interesting comment on relationships [as are most of Allen's films] that works, for me, on more than one level.

I must become Caligari..!
The Fog of War: Eleven Lessons from the Life of Robert S. McNamara, 2003. Morris
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

About A Boy (2002)
Origin: -- UK --
Genre: -- Comedy --
Director: -- Chris Wietz/Paul Wietz --
My Rating: -- (out of 5)

Put me in your pocket...
The Ladykillers~ It was ok....with some very funny moments. Not bad, but not completely terrific either. Irma P. Hall's performance as the kind hearted but no nonsense, gospel loving, "there's no smoking in my house" Mrs. Munson, is reason to see this movie. She's a kick. As a side note...the gospel music in this is great.

Gohst World.

A system of cells interlinked
Kill Bill Vol. 1

Reservoir Dogs
(again)

Natural Born Killers
Killing Zoe
Léon

Celebrity (d. Woody Allen, 1998)
Broadway Danny Rose (d. Woody Allen, 1984)

Originally Posted by Garrett
It would be too big for one disc wouldn't it?
For my own entertainment, until Tarantino puts it out, I am going to put Kill Bill Vol. 1 and Kill Bill Vol. 2 seamlessly as one film for myself.

The Curse of the Jade Scorpion (d. Woody Allen, 2001)
Strangers on a Train (d. Alfred Hitchcock, 1951)

Originally Posted by The Silver Bullet
The Curse of the Jade Scorpion (d. Woody Allen, 2001)
Was this any good?

Dahmer (2002)

It sucked, by the way.