Movies That Made You Cry!!!

Tools    

I do not remember a movie that made be burst into tears but more then a few get me watery eyed.

The ending to Rashomon gets me teary eyed. During the course of the movie you come to question everything about the characters involved in the trial, even coming to start to loathe those who you should sympathize with. And then at the end is an honest to God genuine act of selflessness that redeems not only one character, but shows humanity for all it's flaws is capable of good things. That ending helped propel that movie into my top ten favorite movies.

Tokyo Story

I saw this movie when a close friends grandma was dying and my own grandma was very sick. So certain scenes made me very emotional naturally.

First time I cried on a movie was watching Titanic, when I was 9.

Then I spend over a decade without crying on movies until I reacquired the skill rather recently. Now I am able to cry on Tokyo Story (4-5 times), Bicycle Thieves, half of Ghibli's output and even on Schindler's list.

Also, watery eyes IS crying: the lacrimal glands are releasing tears, just not enough to spill down on the face.

If the film is just a bit sad,I always end up crying,even if I dislike a film or don't even pity the characters.

Ikiru towards the end. Akira Kurosawa composed a melancholic symphony of a film there. A black and white film from the 50s can impact you stronger than a train. It's not a film for the simple-minded, Ikiru a plea to 'live your life to the fullest', it indicts on society, it's hypocrisy, it's injustices and just so much more.

Ikiru sits its place in my top 5.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Immortal Beloved the very ending
and with Armeggedon (sp??) i actually PRE-cry to the scenes coming up to the spot i do cry at.
There are a number of others i love to bawl to, but can't think of them right now, these are my top favs though.
I do get weepy during Despicable Me when he reads the final line to the bedtime story Three Little Kittens, that gets me every time

I am SUCH a freakin marshmallow LOL

End of Watch suprisingly made my eyes water.

No wonder it's my favourite film of 2012.

Ikiru towards the end. Akira Kurosawa composed a melancholic symphony of a film there. A black and white film from the 50s can impact you stronger than a train. It's not a film for the simple-minded, Ikiru a plea to 'live your life to the fullest', it indicts on society, it's hypocrisy, it's injustices and just so much more.

Ikiru sits its place in my top 5.
In mine top 5 too. Truly a film among the most humane ever made and my favorite Kurosawa film (which is a statement of enormous weight: favorite film from he is a giant among fellow directors).

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
WHo didn't shed a tear when mufassa died

I had a friend who cried when Optimus died

The Shawshank Redemption towards the end makes me giddy inside even after 50 times.

Schindler's List did a bad one on me! Made me jerk out a liter at least in tears!

I found A Very Long Engagement pretty heart-wrenching.

Amistad - Sir Anthony Hopkin's speech about freedom gets me every time.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - It gets me when Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet are sitting in his head on the beach, waiting for everything to be erased.

LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring - When Frodo is standing at the river at the end, and Gandalf's voice comes in; and then when Sam struggles passionately to get to the boat to be with his friend - you can't beat that.

LOTR: Two Towers - Theoden's ride gets me because it's one of the most amazing things I've ever seen, and Sam's speech about having something to hold onto is priceless.

LOTR: Return of the King - Way too much to list. Frodo telling Sam to go home, Gandalf's speech about death, Frodo and Sam at the end of all things, Sam coming up to his house to meet his family - and much more than that.

Unbreakable - From the train station sequence to the end of the movie, I lose it.

The Family Man - In this one, Nicholas Cage gets transported to an alternate "suburban" existence for himself, and his daughter thinks he's an alien that was taken her dad somewhere. There is one scene in which they are playing together in the snow, and Cage is becoming quite happy with his new life, and his daughter tells him, "I knew you'd come back." There is nothing better.

The Last Samurai - The last charge is unbelievable, and the way it turns out gets me, because of all the symbolisms that is attributed to it.

Chocolat - The end really gets to me, when all the resolutions are coming through.
I refuse to believe that someone could cry at LOTR. I refuse it.