Harry Morgan RIP

Tools    

Semper Fooey
He was 96.

Was there any actor who was a regular on more TV shows than Harry Morgan? I think he was the leader at one point, but he has been inactive for a long time so maybe somebody caught up with him.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/08/ar...ies-at-96.html

A system of cells interlinked
Awwwwww

RIP Harry Morgan. Thanks for all the laughs over the years, Colonel!

R.i.p

R.I.P

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I certainly loved his Officer Gannon opposite Jack Webb's Sgt. Friday on "Dragnet". He was especially memorable in The Ox-Bow Incident as Henry Fonda's buddy, several WWII movies made during the war, as a henchman in The Big Clock (later remade as Kevin Costner's No Way Out), another expressionistic William Wellman western (Yellow Sky), The Well, Bend of the River, High Noon, Teahouse of the August Moon, Inherit the Wind, The Flim-Flam Man, Support Your Local Sheriff!, Viva Max and The Shootist.

I always thought it was funny when he had to change his "name" from Henry Morgan to Harry Morgan because another Henry Morgan was a writer and TV personality I mostly recall from "What's My Line?", "To Tell the Truth" and "I've Got a Secret".

P.S. In honor of the 70th anniversary of Pearl Harbor, Turner Classic Movies is coincidentally showing Harry Morgan's first film later tonight, To the Shores of Tripoli, a color film about Marine boot camp which also stars Randolph Scott, John Payne and Maureen O'Hara.

R.I.P.

Sudoku Blackbelt

"Mule Fritters!!"

~Col. Sherman T. Potter