Rate this DVd collection and make some recommendations

Tools    

Alright I'm looking to add to this collection of mine. I really like movies that have a certain unique indivuality to them (such as Donnie Darko, Signs, or any movie that is....different)

Heres the collection tell me what you think!

Signs
Minority Report
Donnie Darko Director's Cut
Analyze This
Gone with the Wind
Equilibrium
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
The Ring
Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring
Lord of the Rings: Two Towers
Lord of the Rings: Two Towers Special Edition
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King Special Edition
Star Wars: A New Hope
Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
Star Wars: Return of the Jedi
Troy
The Count of Monte Cristo
24:Season One
The Incredibles
Spiderman
Braveheart
Any Given Sunday
Terminator 2: Judgement Day Extreme Edition
The Shawshank Redemption
The Passion of the Christ
Superman I
Superman II
Superman III
Superman IV
The Hulk
Jurassic Park III

not bad
my recommendations are:
all of wes anderson's films
the dreamers
eternal sunshine
garden state

also some stanley kubrick would do you good.

Signs = N/A
Minority Report = N/A
Donnie Darko Director's Cut = A-
Analyze This = N/A
Gone with the Wind = A
Equilibrium = A
Texas Chainsaw Massacre = (original)A, (remake) B-
The Ring = B+
Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring = B+
Lord of the Rings: Two Towers = A+
Lord of the Rings: Two Towers Special Edition = A+
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King = A
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King Special Edition = A
Star Wars: A New Hope = A
Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back = A+
Star Wars: Return of the Jedi = A+
Troy = N/A
The Count of Monte Cristo = N/A
24:Season One = N/A
The Incredibles = A+
Spiderman = A
Braveheart = A+
Any Given Sunday = N/A
Terminator 2: Judgement Day Extreme Edition = A+
The Shawshank Redemption = A+
The Passion of the Christ = N/A
Superman I =N/A
Superman II =N/A
Superman III =N/A
Superman IV =N/A
The Hulk = C
Jurassic Park III =C-

you have alot of good ones and bad ones. what types of movies are you into? well i suggest some MArtin Scorsese, Kubrick and Hitchcock there are very few bad movies he can get when choosing from these directors

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Stuff that is different huh? add Memento, Adaptation, Fight Club, Dogville maybe Big Fish' definitley a Nightmare Before Christmas if you want and good holiday movie, also the stuff that RESIST recommended and also see if you can track down this cool little Brazilian movie called Man of the Year

Ahh memento has come highly rated, I really need to see this one. Fight club is a classic and I have it just not in DVD form.

you need to ad Heat

You need to add both Bourne films in there along with Lock stock, Pulp fiction, Snatch, Fargo, and the Die Hard Trilogy.. Other than that, though it is small, still very good selections if you loose Superman 3 and 4. But keep the Hulk. I actually enjoyed that one.

Sell all the movies you have and buy some bangin' speakers that'll raise the roof. Woot-woot
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Originally Posted by PimpDaShizzle V2.0
Sell all the movies you have and buy some bangin' speakers that'll raise the roof. Woot-woot
I got that part already covered mate.

Should this not be in the DVD thread?

Me thinks, tad tiny and tad mainstream.

If you want UNIQUE get Visitor Q, Happiness of the Katakuris, Mullholland Drive (any Lynch or Miike really)

Check some of my reviews....

The problem is I have seen these movies...Pi, Reqium, Mullholland Drive, Kids (freaky movie)..I have seen some weird ass movies..but i have younger brothers and sisters who frequently borrow my movies therefore I don't buy anything too extreme that they could accidently grab and watch. Lord knows what would happens if my little brother saw.....Kids or Pi for example.

Originally Posted by Equilibrium
The problem is I have seen these movies...Pi, Reqium, Mullholland Drive, Kids (freaky movie)..I have seen some weird ass movies..but i have younger brothers and sisters who frequently borrow my movies therefore I don't buy anything too extreme that they could accidently grab and watch. Lord knows what would happens if my little brother saw.....Kids or Pi for example.

Well, i didn't know about your younger audience, which somewhat limits the uniqueness of films to recommend.
And it's a fair point that with most these films, once you've seen them you don't really need to see them (and buy them) on DVD.
So, hmmmmm

Although i do think Da Shiz has a point, if they steal your dvds, they should suffer the mental scarring and educational value of certain more 'adult' films. LOL

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
Well, i didn't know about your younger audience, which somewhat limits the uniqueness of films to recommend.
And it's a fair point that with most these films, once you've seen them you don't really need to see them (and buy them) on DVD.
So, hmmmmm

Although i do think Da Shiz has a point, if they steal your dvds, they should suffer the mental scarring and educational value of certain more 'adult' films. LOL
LOL funny, but you also made a good point that I didnt verbalize. Movies like Pi, and Magnolia, and others of the sort are watchable only once. I just need a good, semi mainstream, and rewatchable movie. For instance OI think the movie that best fits this description is Memento.

Originally Posted by Equilibrium
Movies like Magnolia and others of the sort are watchable only once.
Nah, i can see Magnolia more than once, just a little spread out unlike many other's i watch.

Originally Posted by Escape
Nah, i can see Magnolia more than once, just a little spread out unlike many other's i watch.
That is a damn good movie though. But yeah maybe every now and then I could watch it.

If I made a DVD collection it'd be filled with action garbage. Demolition Man, The Fifth Element, The Sphere, Terminator 2, etc. Those are really the only types of movies I can watch over and over. I'm not even embarrassed.

The Cube - weird film but strangely entertaining. worth a watch.

movies to add are
SE7EN
SAW
APOLLO 13
AND THEN THERE WERE NONE
PAPILLON
THE GODFATHER TRILOGY BOXSET

There are loads more but hey that is a start.