Favourite Harry Potter Movie?

→ in
Tools    

Which is your favourite Harry Potter film?
10.42%
5 votes
Harry Potter and The Philosopher's Stone (Sorceror's Stone if you're an American)
2.08%
1 votes
Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets
39.58%
19 votes
Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban
6.25%
3 votes
Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire
2.08%
1 votes
Harry Potter and The Order of The Phoenix
6.25%
3 votes
Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince
10.42%
5 votes
Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 1
10.42%
5 votes
Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 2
12.50%
6 votes
I didn't like any of them
48 votes. You may not vote on this poll

What were you favourite and least favourite Harry Potter films, if indeed you liked any of them?

The first one will always be my favorite. Just something about the wonder and magic of Harry learning about who he is and where he came from.

Least favorite Id have to say is the Goblet of Fire. I guess because it didnt fit the norm of the other school years.

Prisoner of Azkaban followed by Chamber of Secrets. The castle and the visual style was the star in those two. I should add that I watched them more as a cinephile than as Harry Potter fan; I liked even the weaker of the movies (I've seen five in total) better than the books.

I liked the last two. They never really got the casting right all round, but Deathly Hallows: Part 1 and especially Deathly Hallows: Part 2 were the only satisfactory adaptations of the books, mostly because of the extended amount of time they had to tell the story. Splitting that final part into two movies was the best idea they ever had.

Watching them try to cram the longer books into single films was a horrible experience, especially Goblet of Fire, which is my favourite book but by far the worst film. The first three weren't as bad because they're not as meaty, but I was certainly never on board with the movies before the final two.

I've said before though, that I'm sure I'd be more of a fan of the movies had I not been constantly comparing them to the novels, which is something I just can't help doing given my relationship to them.

Now, I'm someone who hasn't read the books and therefore not bothered about how well adapted they are, I'm only going by the film series.

Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban - my favourite.

The others in the series I like are:

Harry Potter and The Order of The Phoenix
Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 1(yet to see the second part)

I'm not a fan of the first two films, I started really liking the films once they took a darker turn with the third film but saying that I found most of Goblet a complete bore and was not too keen on Half Blood Prince.

Except for the first two films, I own all the other Harry Potter films and my favourite three(and Deathly Hallows Part 2) I have on lovely edition blu-rays(Goblet and Half Blood Prince are on DVD)

I've read the books and don't understand the criticism about the films. It's stupid to expect the films to slavishly follow the novels.

My opinions of the films, film by film:
- First film: I like it for nostalgia reasons but it's not really a "good film".
- Second film: Kenneth Branagh is hilarious in this. And I find this film genuinely creepy, more so than the later films which were a bit too focused on CGI/effects rather than the story.
- Third film: Lupin and Sirius actually feel like characters here, rather than figures just appearing for the sake of it. I really like this one.
- Fourth film: I could care less about Harry's hormones but the tasks were executed well.
- Fifth film: Funny in parts but I don't feel that attached to this one.
- Sixth film: Can't remember much but I think it had some Tom Riddle flashbacks, which I like.
- Seventh film: Harry's hormones are so boring! Don't like Harry/Ginny relationship. The film was okay.
- Eighth film: Emotional because it was the last film and it explained about poor Snape.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
I've always like the third one the most. I like the darker tone, the great supporting cast and I feel that Alfonso Cuaron did the best directing job for the entire series.

I'll say Prisoner of Azkaban. It may be my inner fan of Cuarón showing itself, but that one is without a doubt the most well-made and possibly most entertaining. I also think it's the most well-acted of the early films.

However, I'll also say that the last two films are top-notch, especially the final chapter--a very emotional experience for fans of the book series. It really gave us a much needed catharsis.

No 1 is the winner for me.
And the Weasley Twins are my heroes! I even had their autograph - takes the prominent place in my room. Was hard to find, BTW.

but now you have my attention
Goblet of fire - quite glamourous, Harry n pals starting to show some acting skills. Hermione starting to show her sexy potential and films with tournaments always feed my competitive hunger.

Hermione starting to show her sexy potential
Well, yeah. There's that. It's funny how Rowling apparently had to change her story slightly, because Emma Watson was getting too hot for the original character.

Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

Deathly Hallows part 2 easy.

Prisoner of Azkaban and Order of the Phoenix are fantastic as well !

The others are good, but not even close to these 3 in my opinion !

Precious tritium is what makes this project go.

The craziest, most action packed, and boasts the fastest pace despite a long runtime.

Tis' good, ya?

Finished here. It's been fun.
Deathly Hallows part 2 for me. I thought it was a satisfying end to the series. I mean the Harry Potter movies are not the best movies, but I did kinda grow up watching them so watching the finale was rather satisfying.

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
Goblet of Fire is easily my favorite. It is the first where the real bad guy ACTUALLY appears. It sets up the story for the rest of the others. I love all of the action of the tournament. The romances between the main characters begin in this movie. Also, Ron's dress gowns make me giggle. Now for my least favorite.... I suppose my least favorite would be the Half Blood Prince. I don't care for the pacing. It just seems slow.

Deathly Hallows Pt 2 given the hype around it.

POA is second best due to the real magical atmosphere to it. As though it makes the wizarding world just so ordinary to its folk.