What's your fave movie?

Tools    

Tell me what is your favorite movie? I just want to see if there are any worth seeing.

Shrek 1 and 2!!!!

Kind of obvious...

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell Abbott 66-04
Kill Bill

This is my favorite movie of all time. See it now!

Seven Samurai

This movie is stunning. See it no matter what.

Reservoir Dogs

Great movie full of great characters and a great plot.

What a great and original question!

Chinatown (1974 - Roman Polanski)

That masterpiece does it for me, Kids. And it is most definitely worth seeing.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

My life isn't written very well.
Tell me HP, when you first saw Chinatown did you foresee the ending? May as well inject small talk into this, another redundant thread. Use the SEARCH tab people!

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Another fav movie of mine is catch me if you can and back to the future 2

and

and yes they both are worth seeing because they are amazing

It's hard, for me anyway, to pick a single movie out of a very large collection of "favs". But I believe the one that stands out the most for me was "Independence Day". I was hooked on seeing the movie over and over again. It's something of a classic for me.

I thought this thread was favorite movie? No more then one movie.

I don't have a favorite, but if i was to pick one i would pick

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (d. Michel Gondry, 2004)

I ate all your bees.
Without a doubt:

I can't tell you how many times I have watched this movie.

Bug Planet Proximus
Originally Posted by r3port3r66
Tell me HP, when you first saw Chinatown did you foresee the ending? May as well inject small talk into this, another redundant thread. Use the SEARCH tab people!
Who the hell could predict the ending to Chinatown? Thats expecting a bit too much from Holden, regardless of age.

Anyway, to inject more small talk;
Holden, what film noir characters would you say Jake Gittes character borrows the most from? I know a large portion would probably come from Sam Spade but there must be more characters. I think i remember hearing that Jake Gittes was meant to be inspired by the personality that Humphrey Bogart had created over his career for detective characters.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
I myself see more of an Alan Ladd in The Blue Dahlia vibe going on there with Jake Gittes, than I do of Bogart in The Maltese Falcon. Also Dana Andrews in Laura and Where the Sidewalk Ends too maybe. Gittes doesn't seem much like Sam Spade to me, because while Gittes is wisecracking he seems to be doing it out of a way to cope with his misery. While Bogart's Sam Spade is actually getting off on all the private detective stuff and wisecracking with the baddies and cops.

But then again you didn't ask me.

"No that's right Mr. Dunson you didn't ask me."

oh and I myself never saw the ending coming, but I never do see endings coming because I focus less on plot and story on pay more attention to characters. But I do remember being thoroughly confused as to what in tarnation is going on when I first saw Chinatown which was three years ago I'd say.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

Halloween

At the time my fav movie is Lost in Translation.
And I really agree with mr. Myers here about the "Taxi Driver". Such a fantastic movie.

It's very difficult to pick only one movie, because I love different movies in periods. It's like music.

Also like much of Lynch's work. Like Blue Velvet, Mulholland Dr. and the Twin Peaks series.

The People's Republic of Clogher
It's sometimes......

but sometimes it's.......

or even......

Nah, I can't pick just one. That's cruel.