How Come The Box Office Forum Hasn't Been Updated??

Tools    

I hope no one thought I was referring to anyone here when I mentioned "overbearing, pretentious film snobs". Because I certainly wasn't. You folks are aficionados. You love film. People are very well behaved around here and cognizant of others viewpoints. That's why certain posters stick out like a sore thumb.

A system of cells interlinked
I hope no one thought I was referring to anyone here when I mentioned "overbearing, pretentious film snobs". Because I certainly wasn't. You folks are aficionados. You love film. People are very well behaved around here and cognizant of others viewpoints. That's why certain posters stick out like a sore thumb.
I am actually an overbearing, pretentious film snob. The problem is, I am terrible at it. I sit around watching stuff like Excalibur and Back to the Future. If a pretentious film happens to appear on screen, I immediately piss my pants and forget who I am for a half hour, afterward making some nachos and firing up my 156th viewing of Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home.

Sorry all, I will try to be better at the whole snob thing.

I am actually an overbearing, pretentious film snob. The problem is, I am terrible at it. I sit around watching stuff like Excalibur and Back to the Future. If a pretentious film happens to appear on screen, I immediately piss my pants and forget who I am for a half hour, afterward making some nachos and firing up my 156th viewing of Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home.

Sorry all, I will try to be better at the whole snob thing.
You're probably kidding but that sounds like something I'd do. Watch Where Eagles Dare for the 15th time instead of something more challenging or edifying.

I don't know if you were around at RT back then but that place was rife with trolls and I'm just now finding out that most of the worst ones were the same teenage kid.

You're probably kidding but that sounds like something I'd do. Watch Where Eagles Dare for the 15th time instead of something more challenging or edifying.

I don't know if you were around at RT back then but that place was rife with trolls and I'm just now finding out that most of the worst ones were the same teenage kid.
I saw that conversation developing as I was modding that thread - that kid sounded like a real winner! I was never at RT; I have been a MoFo since 2003!

Only half kidding, as I have seen Star Trek IV more times than anyone should, and Excalibur and Back to the Future are both favorites. I will watch the more challenging stuff also, though!

...I don't know if you were around at RT back then but that place was rife with trolls and I'm just now finding out that most of the worst ones were the same teenage kid.
That's the way it's been on every board I've been on, a number of fake accounts...sometimes the sole owner of those sock puppets would openly brag about it. I think I spotted one just a few minutes ago on another thread.

I was never at RT; I have been a MoFo since 2003!
Signed up at RT in like January of '02. Then I lurked. And lurked. And lurked some more. Finally worked up the courage to post a couple of months later. I remember it was The Lord of Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring that lit a fire in me to talk about it with others.

Signed up at RT in like January of '02. Then I lurked. And lurked. And lurked some more. Finally worked up the courage to post a couple of months later. I remember it was The Lord of Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring that lit a fire in me to talk about it with others.
Along with Matrix Revolutions, Return of the King was one of the films that I first talked about here on MoFo, also! I think that is the case, but it's been a long time.

That's the way it's been on every board I've been on, a number of fake accounts...sometimes the sole owner of those sock puppets would openly brag about it. I think I spotted one just a few minutes ago on another thread.
Uh-oh. The mods usually make quick work of people like that. I had aliases at RT but they were novelty ones. I'd think of a clever username and want to show it off. Like BuckwheatInAHeadlock or ThenTheEvilBabySmiled. I had one named crackerJACK that would post once a year on the anniversary of it joining RT and berate everyone for forgetting to remember his anniversary.

Umm, you had to be there.