Arthur Remake

Tools    

It is reported that arthur is getting remade by warner bros with the British actor/comedian russel brand in the lead role. Brand confirmed this during his March 10, 2009 appearance on The howard stern show. Filming is to begin in July 2010. On April 22, 2010 it was announced that helen mirren would star opposite Brand, taking on John Gielgud's part as the valet. On June 11, the Hollywood Reporter announced that jennifer garner and nick nolte have also joined the cast. Garner will play the heiress while Nolte is her deeply religious father. geta gerwig stars as the charismatic shoplifter that Arthur falls in love with. jason winer will direct and peter baynham penned the script.

batmobile

the batmobile has been seen on the set of the comedy remake of arthur.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=67789

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
I gotta admit, I like Russell Brand's standup, maybe it's being a Yank. I hope he does justice to this movie. I do think he's gotta step up his acting though, since his personality is so strong. Like to see him as Anthony Blanche in Brideshead Revisited remake 3, but dont think that'll ever happen....

The section at 4:09 cracks me up

If they ever need a heroin addict version of Captain Jack Sparrow, then he'll be perfect casting. Other than that, I can do without the guy.

That said, I did watch his O2 show, because he really has had an interesting last 18 months and I wanted to see what he had to say about it.

Semper Fooey
They are out of their minds. Arthur was a vehicle for Dudley Moore. Who are they going to cast for the remake of The Bank Dick?

I never really liked the original... and this sounds like something I'll pass on...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

^ Yeah, that sums it up.

"Do you think he wants a piece of CHEESE?!"

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I still think this is a bad idea, just the thought of watching Brand try and be funny sounds like hell to me. Im not even going to watch Get him to the greek because he is in it.

URGH.

I HATE Russell Brand more than anything.

I have no idea why this woman came up under Google Image Search for "Russell Brand", but whatever, it might as well be him.

I love the Arthur movies, so this is a big disappointment.

And Helen Mirren replacing John Gielgud? Really? They have to make it more "updated" by turning that character into a woman? I am so sick of these movie remake sex changes. It's like Hollywood has a thing called Transamerica Disease or something.

URGH.

I have no idea why this woman came up under Google Image Search for "Russell Brand", but whatever, it might as well be him.
Quick celebrity recent history lesson.

Her name is Georgina Baillie, a burlesque dancer with a group called The Satanic Sluts and she's the granddaughter of an actor called Andrew Sachs, who played Manuel the Waiter in comedy classic, Fawlty Towers. Russell Brand had a radio show over here and during one episode of said programme, Brand was supposed to interview said actor over the phone. However, Sachs wasn't in/didn't answer, so Brand left a message. Whilst doing this, Jonathon Ross, who is his friend and was a guest on the programme that day, shouted out that Brand "****ed your granddaughter". The show wasn't live.

Later that day the radio programme was broadcast, with that phone message included. There were two complaints. Both were for the use of the word "****".

Eight days later, The Sunday Mail had an article about the programme. I believe that in it, they said that both Ross and Brand should be prosecuted for making the 'obscene' phone calls (there were four in all) and that Andrew Sachs had been very hurt by them. Cue huge **** storm over, well, not very much, IMO, as well as a witch hunt with Brand but, more viciously Ross and the BBC as its prey.

Two days after this article (October 28th), the BBC had received 4,700 complaints about the 'obscene' message left on Sachs' answerphone. By November 2nd, they'd received 38,000 complaints.

I can't remember if the producer of the programme resigned or was sacked, but the Controller of Radio 2 resigned, as did Russell Brand. Ross was suspended without pay from his BBC work (he has a chatshow and a radio programme) for 3 months. The Daily Mail, which was still stirring the pot every day for every penny they could wring out of the idiots who read it, said that this would cost Ross over £1.25m pounds (one of the things they hate about Ross is that he was paid so much money.) Ross and the BBC have since come to a 'mutual agreement' that Ross wouldn't renew his contract, which finishes next week.

If you want to get a better grasp of it, here's the 'incidents' wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell...hone_calls_row

A timeline of events: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7694989.stm

And a transcript of the messages, which aren't edited, so may be NSFW: http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008...ew-sachs-calls

Unregistered Illegal User
I don't know why Russell Brand is kinda big in the US, cos here in the UK he is rubbish. His stand-up , good god! you'd have to chew your leg off to be awake to the end of his show. You can only listen to so much smut toilet humour about 'taking it up the a**"

Grill me, I dare you!
My Reviews

Honeykid, what the... ?

All I did was post a picture of some ugly goth girl with Frankenstein between her boobs and suddenly there's timelines, Wiki pages, transcripts and history lessons to look at -- behold the power of a Satanic Slut.

And all of this took place in an Arthur remake thread.

Semper Fooey
Who cares about the Arthur sequel? Much more interesting is watching that no talent Satanic Slut looker (okay, that's her talent) milk the controversy for her fifteen minutes of fame.

Honeykid, what the... ?

All I did was post a picture of some ugly goth girl with Frankenstein between her boobs and suddenly there's timelines, Wiki pages, transcripts and history lessons to look at -- behold the power of a Satanic Slut.

And all of this took place in an Arthur remake thread.
You wondered why her pic showed up when you googled Russell Brand, so I told you.