Saw *SPOILERS INSIDE!*

→ in
Tools    

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

I'm not sure how else to say it.

Anyway, I'm very confused about the ending of this movie. Couple o' things:

1. Are we to believe Dr. Gordon MEANT to only injure Adam, not kill him?

2. Are we to believe Dr. Gordon got out safely before the killer could catch up with him?

3. If Gordon DID make it out, why does it seem like Adam is stuck in there forever?

I think that's about it. Feel free to discuss whatever else you want about the movie.

i think Laurence is just a bad shot

2 and 3 are just part of the cliffhangers

Oh, yes. There will be blood....
Spoilers!!!

I'm guess that Dr. Gordon didn't make it very far since it was taking him foever just to get around. I mean, that (killer) guy got up about 1 minute or so after he left the room. That means Mr. Killer Guy (John, I think, was his name) must of caught up with him. Plus, Dr. Gordon said he was going to bleed to death.....I think he meant it. Man, I hope Adam survives. I mean, we could talk sequel with that path.

I ****ing loved that movie. The only thing I didnt understand was, if the main evil guy was at the room the whole time (in the middle pretending to be dead) why didnt the crazy dude (forget his name) we thought was the killer who set up the trap for adam and gordon kill him instead so it would be over? that way he wouldnt have to follow orders to kill anyone else, and its not like he didnt notice he(the real killer) was there in the middle of the floor to begin with...

Originally Posted by LordChuchu
I ****ing loved that movie. The only thing I didnt understand was, if the main evil guy was at the room the whole time (in the middle pretending to be dead) why didnt the crazy dude (forget his name) we thought was the killer who set up the trap for adam and gordon kill him instead so it would be over? that way he wouldnt have to follow orders to kill anyone else, and its not like he didnt notice he(the real killer) was there in the middle of the floor to begin with...

I thought about that but then I realized it was because he wanted the antidote, remember? There was a poison in him and the only way the killer would give him the antidote is if he did that thing.

Very cool movie i thought, my only question was about the key to adams shackles, was the key going down the drain premeditated by the killer? or was it just bad luck for Adam.....

I say that because as the man walked out of the room he said something about enjoying being alive from now on or something like that...

I think it was meant to go down the drain. At the very end the guy said "Game over" and slammed the door. I assume that means Adam is going to die.

Originally Posted by Agent Cuddly Banks
I thought about that but then I realized it was because he wanted the antidote, remember? There was a poison in him and the only way the killer would give him the antidote is if he did that thing.
Thats right. But do you think that the guy who wanted the antidote knew the actual killer was in the room, like they both set up the trap together?

I got the impression he did know, but I'm not sure.

A system of cells interlinked
Good flick, although I have a complaint. The guy who played Adam is one of the worst actors I have had to watch. His performance was forced, wooden, and totally unconvincing. Other than that this film had some good things going for it, and kept me guessing most of the way through. Both my girlfriend and I had picked out who the actual killer was (it was quite obvious, script-wise), but we didn't know WHERE he was.

WARNING: "SAW" spoilers below
After it was revealed, I first thought it was pretty lame, as the man's doctor would have recognized him, but then I realized his face was turned towards Adam, the man who didn't know him. The make-up hid most of his features as well. Still, after hearing the cough on the recording, and watching the hospital set-up (where they were so obviously trying to make you think Zep was the killer), we were pretty certain who the real culprit was. I also briefly toyed with the idea that Glover's character had flipped out, and was mimicing the jigsaw killer, but discarded that pretty quick..

Yeah, my experience was much like yours, Sedai. It was pretty clear that the killer was some guy with a serious illness for a number of reasons. The cough was a good indicator, the fact that he hated people who didn't appreciate life, he said he's tired of the sickness inside of him (or something like that).

What did you make of the guy's illness? I forget what it was... I'm wondering if it had any significance.

I think (personally) that they need to come out with a sequel for this. I know, I know, a sequel. It could just get pooped on. But, they need to explain more things (I think, personally). And also, someone could get rid of JigSaw, like Monica Potter, or, if possible, Adam, if he's rescued. In Se7en, I believe that the killer was shot in the head by Brad Pitt. Therefore, they couldn't come out with a sequel. Correct me if I'm wrong?

You're right about Se7en (EXCEEELLLENT MOVIE!), the killer does get shot in the head. Technically they could do a sequal, just without Kevin Spacey. I think they left it wide open for a sequel about Morgan Freeman's character.

A sequel to Saw - That would be nice, but I doubt it will happen. Part of the thrill of the movie was not knowing who the killer was! It doesn't seem to be a sequel kind of movie. I am a little pissed off that they left some pretty big loose ends untied.

The movie is full of plotholes and I don't see any sense in picking it apart. Clearly, the script could have used major editing. I had a good time watching it, which is the most important thing.

Side note: The guy who played Adam was also the person that wrote the screenplay.

Also, wasn't this movie edited for the R rating? Maybe some of the plotholes will be filled in a director's cut. Unlikely, but possible.

P.S. The killer was clearly a yoga master, and was possibly a master of the force.

STOMP FREAKIN' TASTIC!
You want a sequel....... The Sarge has got you one!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=6997

Don't know how true it is, but hey..... i delivered. (im thinking some +reps would be good for this find!!!!).

Anyways.... loved the film, thought it was genius.

Originally Posted by The Sarge
You want a sequel....... The Sarge has got you one!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=6997

Don't know how true it is, but hey..... i delivered. (im thinking some +reps would be good for this find!!!!).

Anyways.... loved the film, thought it was genius.

Sweet!!!!

The sequel has been puit on fast track because of the overwhelminsucces of saw in iits opening weekend

Originally Posted by Sedai
Good flick, although I have a complaint. The guy who played Adam is one of the worst actors I have had to watch. His performance was forced, wooden, and totally unconvincing.
Wasnt the guy who played adam also the guy who wrote this movie? Anyways, I agree that at times his acting wasn't the best but not all the time. Also, was cary elwes supposed to act like that at the end? He seemed a little off base there. Or was it actually supposed to be humorous with the way he kept going on and on about getting help while simutaniously saying he is not going to make it. I just remember practically the etire theatre laughing during that scene and a few heckles about how horrible the movie was.
Anyways, I myself didn't think it was that bad and rather enjoyed it.

Originally Posted by Garrett
Side note: The guy who played Adam was also the person that wrote the screenplay.
Sorry garrett, I guess I missed this or I wouldn't have asked the question in my previous post.

Originally Posted by Escape
Wasnt the guy who played adam also the guy who wrote this movie? Anyways, I agree that at times his acting wasn't the best but not all the time. Also, was cary elwes supposed to act like that at the end? He seemed a little off base there. Or was it actually supposed to be humorous with the way he kept going on and on about getting help while simutaniously saying he is not going to make it. I just remember practically the etire theatre laughing during that scene and a few heckles about how horrible the movie was.
Anyways, I myself didn't think it was that bad and rather enjoyed it.

SPOILERS!!!
|
|
|
V

The very end where he saws off his foot or when he is laying there, err.......crying?