Any NBA Basketball fans?

Tools    

Any body ever read Bill Simmons Book of Basketball? So much to digest.

Speaking of which that IST final is tonight so hoping it's a good game. That tourny has been a pretty OK addition to the pre Christmas day season.

Speaking of which that IST final is tonight so hoping it's a good game. That tourny has been a pretty OK addition to the pre Christmas day season.

I'm curious as to whether the hype is real or not. All the talking heads are saying how great it is, which is hard to swallow with them all having a vested interest.

Might be too simple of a take, but the courts killed it for me. When you make the action harder to follow, I don't care what it is, I'm not watching.

These games still don't mean anything, the high-end players are gonna get press for "donating" their winnings which will make the lesser players look bad by contrast.

I'm just too cynical to believe that anyone really cares about this. Hell, the only time I care about the NBA are the Finals and the game I go to.

I'm curious as to whether the hype is real or not. All the talking heads are saying how great it is, which is hard to swallow with them all having a vested interest.

Might be too simple of a take, but the courts killed it for me. When you make the action harder to follow, I don't care what it is, I'm not watching.

These games still don't mean anything, the high-end players are gonna get press for "donating" their winnings which will make the lesser players look bad by contrast.

I'm just to cynical to believe that anyone really cares about this. Hell, the only time I care about the NBA are the Finals and the game I go to.
I'm just happy we're talking about something other than load management or x player acting like a child and forcing a trade out of their current team before the season starts on Xmas.

I'm just happy we're talking about something other than load management or x player acting like a child and forcing a trade out of their current team before the season starts on Xmas.
And then Draymond needed someone to hold his beverage.

Draymond’s play will always stand by itself.

His image? Man, he gets covered up by so much goodwill from how special this organization has been for the past ____ years. How is he that much different from Ron Artest? Sure, Artest had other issues, but Artest seems like a better person than Draymond, even though he probably doesn’t get that consideration.

And Detroit loses 28 in a row... My gosh. When it rains, it pours every where.
I feel for ya. It’s tough being a team that has a lot of high draft picks (like Charlotte) and have it not work. Then you look at what the Heat does, consistently drafting in the teens.

The Monty Williams contract doesn’t help things.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I feel for ya. It’s tough being a team that has a lot of high draft picks (like Charlotte) and have it not work. Then you look at what the Heat does, consistently drafting in the teens.

The Monty Williams contract doesn’t help things.

Yeah, there's no fit.. Miami (and the Spurs for decades) have a system. Riley will suspend any player who is above a certain body fat, and they waived Dion Waiters over this. Weaver says he wants to "re-tool" the Detroit way - defense, and then proceeds to do the opposite. Pistons need more veterans. But it's possible a first-time GM is taking orders. Gores sold a minority share to Arn Tellem, and his son Ed Tellum runs Basketball Operations, which was completely unknown until someone from The Athletic mentioned it.. The one job for an owner is to find someone responsible and let them do their thing. I doubt I'll live long enough to see Isiah Thomas come back and become the President. It's good for many reasons, but the main one being that he's a great evaluator of talent, and has a great history of drafting.. He selected T-Mac right out of high school. He told Kevin McHale (friend since teens) to draft him, or that he would. Drafted an all-star in the 2nd round, etc....

Outside of the #1 pick, I wish they would have traded the rest for proven guys in their mid-20s. There's been a lot of pain on those boards. Someone publicized having a party at home with family and friends, and the guy (after 30 yrs of watching) smashes his TV, which led to everyone leaving, including his family who moved into a hotel. He said he has to stop. A lot of depressed folks wherever I chat. But I understand it. Basketball is an objective game. If you can get a ball into a hoop, you'll make a lot of money, in the NBA, G-League, etc.. Most jobs are not like this. I think many attach their dreams/goals with their teams, or vicariously if/when they win a title.

Quite an ovation for Jerry Krause on dozen egg night.

When you buy primo seats for the one Hornets game this year and Wembanyama is a healthy scratch.

FANtastic!

When you buy primo seats for the one Hornets game this year and Wembanyama is a healthy scratch.

FANtastic!
Definitely would have lit some seats on fire.

#PopGonnaPop

I tried to start a Bouknight chant on a whim. Unsuccessful. The guy next to me said he was a lame, because he wouldn’t take pictures in the club. He named off a couple other lames before showing me someone who did take a pic…
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4155.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	168.8 KB
ID:	97083  

FANtastic!
BS

You don't do that in cities you play once a year.

Hornets beat the T-wolves and lose to Detroit in the same week. So much for momentum.