Logan's Run Remake

Tools    

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I'm not sure if I read the article right but it sounds like the remake is going to be called Drive, and it says that Ryan Gosling will be playing Logan 5, I can see Ryan Gosling actually doing a pretty good job of that. This is one of those movies that I don't mind that they are remaking, I was never a huge fan of the original so I think it might be good to give it a upgrade with some CGI.

Baldwin Re-Writing "Logan's Run" Script

October 31st 2011

Andrew Baldwin has come aboard to re-write the script for "Drive" director Nicolas Winding Refn's remake of "Logan's Run" at Warner Bros. Pictures says Heat Vision.
William F. Nolan and George Clayton Johnson penned the original 1967 novel (and its two subsequent sequels) set in a utopian future where anyone over the age of 21 is mandatorily euthanized in order to maintain a balance over the consumption of resources.
The story follows Logan 5 (Ryan Gosling), a 'Sandman' who serves as an enforcer who pursues those who try escaping as they approach their 21st birthday, and ultimately ends up on the run himself.
Alex Garland ("28 Days Later") penned the early draft which Will Beall ("Gangster Squad") has since done work on. Baldwin recently set up Yakuza script "The Outsider" at Warners and "Red Asphalt" at Lionsgate.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0402344/

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I just realized that there already is a thread for Drive so my bad.
Okay so I did read the article wrong and Drive is something completely different
I am really not sure what's wrong with me today. I think I got confused because
I was seeing Ryan Gosling's name everywhere.

I love Logan's Run, however, so long as they just make a modern version of the source material rather than a 'remake' or 'reboot' of the 70's version, I don't have a problem with it.

One thing, though. Are we really expected to believe that Ryan Gosling's 20?

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Good point, he can definitely not pass for 20, but the movie has a 2014 release date so I really don't think that it is set in stone for him to play that part.

A system of cells interlinked
Correct. Also, in the first film, the Sandman is only 28 or so, but the computer system he interfaces with accelerates his crystal after he is informed about Sanctuary, forcing him to go on the run early.

There are some REALLY cool effects shots of Washington DC completely covered in vegetation in the first film.

I know very little about Logan's Run, but Refn and Gosling are on board so it's a must see at this point. The Gosling definitely can't pass for 20, though. 25 maybe, but nothing less than that. Only God Forgives is their next collaberation though, hence why the film isn't out for a few more years.

I have the original on DVD and have been following the remake rumors for about two years now.

is there any news about this movie yet? last thing we heard was that simon kinberg has a story and would like to do the film, we haven t seen anything yet since then..