Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night (2014):

Described as an Iranian vampire western, I was slightly disappointed by this little film. It's shot in black and white and it's undeniably beautiful, but felt rather bland to me. I was engaged in the first half, but then I just got completely lost. Great soundtrack though. I feel like this is a film Mr Minio would love.

Planet 51 (2009)

Very entertaining animated movie featuring the voices of Dwayne Johnson, Jessica Biel, Justin Long, Seann William Scott, John Cleese, and Gary Oldman. They are all very good, and the only voice I recognized was Cleese.

The film concerns an Earth astronaut who lands on an alien planet he thought to be deserted. Turns out it's full of of civilized (but green) creatures who speak our language, and seem to be copying our history in their development, being in almost a mirror of our 1950's, complete with the food drive-ins and music of that era. The animation is excellent and the film is full of nods to classic sci-fi movies of all eras, and you'll have fun trying to pick them up. I really enjoyed it. Recommended.

Halloween (John Carpenter, 1978) -

I could watch this movie over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

It Happened at the World's Fair (1963)

I like Elvis Presley's music, but I'm not a big fan of his movies, so I really only watched It Happened at the World's Fair for the 1963 movie list.

The movie is okay. It has a good combination of fun, romance, and drama, but it's not a great movie. However, it's one of the better Elvis Presley movies that I've seen, but that's not saying much.

The music is great, so if you're a fan of Elvis Presley, it's worth watching just for the music.

It Happened at the World's Fair does have a special place in cinematic history as it marked the film debut of a very young Kurt Russell.

Halloween (John Carpenter, 1978) -

I could watch this movie over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.
Are you feeling the urge to go on a murderous rampage yet? how about butchering your baby sister?

I’m just the espresso
Just saw Dr. Strangelove: Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb for the first time...freaking brilliant...9/10
9/10 is way too low but yes, it's brilliant.

Are you feeling the urge to go on a murderous rampage yet? how about butchering your baby sister?
I refuse to believe Laurie is Michael's sister. To me, the first film is the only canon film in the series. The rest are just fun to watch but are not canon at all. That's how I choose to look at it.

I like the idea that Michael chose Laurie because the first time he saw her, she was with Tommy, and thus he was reminded of himself as a child and his older sister. Him going after her because she's his sister just takes away from what is so great in it's simplicity and what ultimately feels right to me.

I refuse to believe Laurie is Michael's sister. To me, the first film is the only canon film in the series. The rest are just fun to watch but are not canon at all. That's how I choose to look at it.

I like the idea that Michael chose Laurie because the first time he saw her, she was with Tommy, and thus he was reminded of himself as a child and his older sister. Him going after her because she's his sister just takes away from what is so great in it's simplicity and what ultimately feels right to me.
It has been forever since I saw Halloween II, but what is the issue with Laurie being the sister?

Halloween ended with Myers burning, how does he come back in the 2nd? It's been so long since I watched either or any Halloween series' film for that matter.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
It Happened at the World's Fair does have a special place in cinematic history as it marked the film debut of a very young Kurt Russell.

I'm not a big fan of Elvis movies, so I knew there had to be a reason that I chose this Elvis movie to watch. I normally leave the Elvis movies for last just in case I run out of time, but for some reason I decided to watch this one.

It has been forever since I saw Halloween II, but what is the issue with Laurie being the sister?
It's just a stupid little revelation. There's really no point to it. I think it's dumb personally.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
After a brief absence, I'm back...

Die Hard (1988)

This was one of those huge flaws I had, now corrected! An action classic, one of the best I've seen! Bruce Willies is great on this and everything is so well paced! A very pleasant surprise!

8/10

Halloween ended with Myers burning, how does he come back in the 2nd? It's been so long since I watched either or any Halloween series' film for that matter.
He is burned in the second one, the third one one has nothing to do with Mikey, then in the fourth one he wakes up from a coma.