Star Wars: Rogue One (the first Star Wars Spin-off)

→ in
Tools    

Especially because his name is not pronounced with the 'd', since it's silent.
Is that right? I didn't know that.

No one except people from Denmark seems to know that.

It always sounds so dumb when they say maDs mikkelsen. Ugh.
It could be that we think it's being sounded when it isn't . I remember Stellan Skarsgård saying it in an interview with Mikkelsen and there did seem to be a D or T sound in there – but he was dragging the name out for comic effect .

Welcome to the human race...
Especially because his name is not pronounced with the 'd', since it's silent.

But good try, Iro.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
I'm not keen to see this one in the cinema, I'm still sour on TFA, the trailers aren't selling it for me. I'd see Star Wars from the perspective of the empire though.....................

We've gone on holiday by mistake
When are they letting critics watch this thing? Only 4 days to go. Very big moment for the planned Star Wars spinoffs.

I imagine that there's an embargo of sorts that prevents critics from releasing their opinions until the release date. Pretty sure that happened with Force Awakens as well.

If you want to boycott, boycott because Disney politicized Star Wars.
Star Wars was always political, these clowns are only just realising that it's political in a way that they hate.

Do we have to go through this political stuff again? I went through this crap once already when they tried to say Revenge of the Sith was about George W Bush. And George Lucas himself said that was dumb.

Two of the writers are Uber liberal and can't shut up on Twitter. Big deal. They work in Hollywood, this should be a shock to no one. I will judge the movie based on its own merits.

That being said I am more excited about episode eight then I am Rogue One which I am not all that excited about.

It could be that we think it's being sounded when it isn't . I remember Stellan Skarsgård saying it in an interview with Mikkelsen and there did seem to be a D or T sound in there – but he was dragging the name out for comic effect .
If still in doubt... here he pronounces it himself.

https://instagram.com/p/BN70KZhA0bh/

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Generally quite positive scores.

RT has 81%, 100 positive and 20 negative reviews.

Metacritic 66 score, 27 positive, 12 mixed and 1 bad review.

If still in doubt... here he pronounces it himself.
It's not in doubt, I was thinking about how I may have misconstrued the pronunication .

I am going to see it soon, it seems it was better received than I had expected.

I had hoped it would be good, but lots are giving it really good scores. It's not often that a spinoff is getting good ratings, we might finally get a Star Wars prequel worthy of the title.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
I just asked my son how Luke Skywalker got to be Darth Vader and he facepalmed his way out of the room, LOL