MoFo Fantasy Football 2013 - SIGNUPS!

Tools    

It's that time of the year again: the time where we pretend to own tiny men in helments that live inside our TVs and like to smash into each other for millions of tiny dollars. Yay!

As usual, we're probably doing 14 teams, because there's never any shortage of demand. Returning owners get preference, obviously, and that usually gets us down to just a slot or two (we had 13 of 14 return a couple of years back). If there are any slots available, I expect there'll be far more applicants than spots, so apologies in advance to anyone who doesn't get in.

If there are any slots available this year, they'll be filled by a couple of criteria: obviously, it helps a bit to throw your hat into the ring sooner, but the primary factor is how active you are on the site. This is, after all, a MoFo league, and we try to fill it with people who all know each other from the forums already. There are definitely exceptions, but I hope no one will take offense if/when preference is given to active members. It's a standard that's served us really well in the past.

Don't forget, you're playing for one of these (though Pete never sent me his address, so the last trophy is still in limbo):

So, let's do this: who's coming back, and who wants in? NOTE TO RETURNING OWNERS: invites have already been sent out, so you should have one already. Your invite will be sent to whichever email address you used last year; if that's changed, you'll have to PM me the new one.

Also, if nobody objects, I'd really like to draft a little earlier this year; closer to mid-August than late August. We'll have time to talk that over in the Draft Time/Settings thread, which will go up once we've filled out all (or most) of the league. But I wanted to put that out there early to see if anyone had a big problem with it. Thinking either the weekend of Aug. 10-11 or Aug. 17-18.

And while you're confirming involvement in this thread, it'd be cool if you could give us a basic idea of what kind of draft days and times work best for you. Obviously we'll be shooting for a weekend, and in the past Sunday afternoon seems to have been the best. But yeah, let us know so I can make it work for as many people as possible.

Im in, but will be focused on baseball till the last minute Either draft date works for me.

Im pretty resolved to let yahoo draft my team this year, mostly. Not gonna let it make me take 2 kickers and 2 defenses.

Well, we're clearly not going to lack for owners!

Anyway, it'll totally depend on how many owners choose to return. It's not-impossible that they all might, but we usually have a couple of slots open when the dust settles. We'll see soon enough. I'll certainly make every effort to find room if it's there.

If it fills up, TONGO is always good enough to create a spillover league so everyone gets to join in on the fun.

A system of cells interlinked
Mike and Lisa = IN

In the Beginning...
Me.

Also: drafting earlier August would be better for me, too. I'll be MIA between August 19 and August 26 (in Paris!).

Also also: I'm willing to relinquish my spot in TONGO's overflow league to let other members participate.

FYI, I just saw a commercial for Yahoo! Fantasy Football, which I don't think I've ever seen before. Based on that and some of the screenshots in the commercial, it looks like they've finally overhauled the interface for drafting and some other stuff. So that's cool. It's always gotten the job done but the draft room, in particular, was always pretty lacking.

My Yahoo mail is just non-functional for some reason - the last email I got on that service was almost two years ago. No spam, nothing.

I did not receive an invite.

I just remembered that we actually had 12 last year, rather than the usual 14, so even if every owner returns we should be able to accommodate at least two new teams.

You know what that means, right? I have to devise some fiendishly elaborate and semi-degrading way to determine which of the new guys get in.

Still trying to contact both Jay and Petey about this - will advise ASAP. I THINK I recall Jay stating he wasn't playing this year...but I am unsure.

In the Beginning...
We can merge the two leagues and have a 20 team season. That would be badass!
With that many teams, I'm sure we'd all love rolling out guys like John Skelton and Jerome Simpson as our starters.