Happy Birthday Sedai!

Tools    

4-0, wow! Happy Birthday, Mike. You always seem 10 years younger than you are to me, and I love that you've found such a cool mix between youthful enthusiasm and mature thoughtfulness. I doubt that's an easy thing to do.

I appreciate your steadfast political views, as well, even when they differ from my own, and I'm definitely forced to concede that the world has come around more to your way of thinking in the last decade than it has to most alternatives. But whatever happens, I like the idea that we'll be in touch and will be able to talk about and analyze it, good or bad.

So kudos on expressing yourself with both grace and force, and on helping to make MoFo what it is!

A system of cells interlinked
Thanks you guys. Even though I officially turn 40 tomorrow, the birthday fun has already started! Thanks to all the wonderful folks I have met here over the years. This is, and always will be, my favorite stop on the web.

And Chris - thanks for kind words at the top. I got a lil misty, man! /cry

Oh, and WT - I have played Amorphis into the ground. What's next?

40 Mike?! Im shocked as Ive seen one photo of you and you look much younger. Obviously not a cigarette smoker. Happy 40 man and know the prime of your life has just begun.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
And Chris - thanks for kind words at the top. I got a lil misty, man! /cry
you old fart!

i hope you're having a good "new decade" day. happy birthday, mikey.

Happy Birthday Sedai!
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Happy Birthday Mike. I get 40 this year too. Joy.

Have a good one!

Unlike Burns and Smithers, I do hope you get what you want!
Imagine an eye unruled by man-made laws of perspective, an eye unprejudiced by compositional logic, an eye which does not respond to the name of everything but which must know each object encountered in life through an adventure of perception. How many colors are there in a field of grass to the crawling baby unaware of 'Green'?

-Stan Brakhage