MoFo Fantasy Football Signups (Season 4/2011)

Tools    

Yup, it's that time of the year already. It's looking more and more like the NFL and its players have reached some kind of accord, (literally: the new deal is that all the owners buy all the players a 1998 Honda Accord), so hows about we start laying the groundwork for the Movie Forums Fantasy Football League's 4th Season?

From the looks of last year's ranks, it's within the realm of possibility that we could actually have 13 of last year's 14 owners return, which would be pretty stunning. But we'll see. As always, I'll try to give first dibs to returning owners, and only seek out replacements if they go MIA. I figure we'll probably want to draft in about 4-5 weeks, if that's cool with everyone.

So, lay claim to your spot, so that you have a chance to lay claim to this, which is sitting to the left of me here in my office:

It's...it's glorious. It's...radiant. It's...made of resin. And once a week I hoist it over my head like the Stanley Cup and parade around the house in my boxer-briefs. Suffice to say, my wife isn't really rooting for me this year.

Oh, and I am most certainly down again this year with renewing Dex's idea of betting a big shiny Digital Video Disc on the outcome, if only because it lets me pretend that this is all still somehow about movies.

Who wants in?

A system of cells interlinked
Lisa and I are in, of course...

Dig. Lemme know about Jay and Pete; you're my lifeline to both, obviously. But you don't need to push them for an answer on our behalf just yet or anything. I know we've got a couple of MoFos who might want in. Jay and Pete get first shot having played before, but if they could kind of take it or leave it this year that's no big thing. At this point it's harder finding space than filling it!

In for sure. Ill be in a training exercise for most of August into September 4th, but after that I should be around the boards more. Fortunately I don't actually deploy until the butt end of the football season.

Im in for sure I remember last years draft, and this years is gonna be like a tornado mixed with a trainwreck. I cant believe were really gonna have football. I thought for sure the season was kaput.

Chicks dig Lord of the Rings, Randal
I'm in.

I'm pretty sure he'll be around soon enough. Technically we need to make sure enough old owners aren't returning to find room, since we do always give them first shot, but we can safely bet that Juno isn't coming back, and there's always one or two others who don't. Hopefully we'll be able to find room for everyone! It might be tougher than usual this year, though. There's more interest and more clamoring for spots with each passing year.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
good to go.

I would be happy to Flash all you peeps again this year

Jeepers, I almost missed out. Uh, I am in.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
The game within the game is gonna be how many Tampa Bay Bucs can be drafterd before Tongo gets a chance.